Black!

The TV-Out cable ends in a standard S-Video (and I beleive composite too, now) but at the Pandora end of the cable there's a much less standard connection. Which is why you need to but the OpenPandora TV-Out cable or make your own.

On the subject of buying cables - while Pandora isn't shipping, I bet if you emailed the nice ladies a tOpenPandora they would be happy to add a TV-Out cable to your order without incurring any extra carriage costs (whereas if you wait till after it's shipped it will cost them - and therefore you - more in postage).

Go on - do it. These delays are irksome in the extreme, but they also give us time to earn more money to hand over to OP! :D

On the subject of buying cables - while Pandora isn't shipping, I bet if you emailed the nice ladies a tOpenPandora they would be happy to add a TV-Out cable to your order without incurring any extra carriage costs.
Waaay ahead of you on that one ;)

But, yes, if you haven't ordered a TV-out cable, you're probably going to want one sooner or later both to save on cost and add a little extra to do with that fresh-out-of-the-box Pandora goodness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the TV-Out cables are shipping AFTER the pandora is shipped. Same goes for the case I think.
Atleast I remember someone mentioning something like this.
Well, I spoke with ED about this a while ago. And he told me that they would send case and/or cable after and without any extra charge if the Pandora was finished earlier then those.

I'm told production samples of the A/V cable are being built next week so whenever they are done, some will be shipped to me to review and destroy (well one of them for sure to check the internals and make sure they followed my guidelines). It doesn't look like there will be a problem shipping these cables with your initial orders and as I mentioned before, we had to place a minimum order of 5000 cables so there are plenty out there if anyone wants to add it to their order.

I wish we could have just thrown these in for free like you get with those Chinese MP4 players but this thing was pretty expensive to make using the custom connector and the price even went up after the initial quote because they were obligated to use more expensive materials that meet environmental safety/recycling rules or something like that. At least the Pandora project is doing its best not to destroy the environment with its product! :)

The pictures look great. I am still in the process of trying to place an order, but I have had no luck. I will keep trying though. The product looks great and I will have to keep in mind that I need to get the A/V cable. I am sure I will be needing that if not immediately, soon after I eventually get mine. (After I am finally able to successfully make an order)

The cable length was confirmed by MWeston a little while ago here. To quote;

I hope this helps. :)

I saw this thread title and for some completely illogical reason, thought that Black was being ported by Criterion. :blink:

On accessories, what about the Memory cards? I ordered one with mine, I think I'll sort of need it on day one.

That's a bit harsh, wouldn't you say? I was under the impression that he was doing this for the purpose of making a nice looking video for youtube, to raise interest in the project (see this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47832 "]. Sheesh.
Do you seriously think Im trying to insult craig? Craig is really doing an awesome job! People just dont understand the word sarcasm.[/quote]Well you're Dutch like I am - and this type of humor just doesn't come across well at all. First it is very Dutch - up front / in your face and far to direct and second for you sarcasm to work well it needs to be dressed into more sentences balancing out the humor you want to convey.

10 feet of TV-out cable?These guys really have thought of everything. The Dingoo's TV-out is nice feature, but the cable is short and lends itself only to video playback. Fortunately it's generic.

I've got a Dell TFT with S-Video and Composite inputs, USB ports and a media card reader, it's like it was made for desktop use of the Pandora.

10 feet of TV-out cable?These guys really have thought of everything. The Dingoo's TV-out is nice feature, but the cable is short and lends itself only to video playback. Fortunately it's generic.
I guess I'm the only one who thinks 10ft is overkill!

That makes it a pretty big and clumsy accessory to be carrying around, with plenty of potential for cables to get tangled up with each other. Moreover, there's more chance of one of the cables getting damaged. I'd have much rather have seen a device with small breakout cables ending in female S-Video and audio ports, bundled with a short (or long, if it made little or no different costs) S-Video and RCA cables. People who required longer/shorted cables would always then have the option of getting replacements.

That makes it a pretty big and clumsy accessory to be carrying around, with plenty of potential for cables to get tangled up with each other.
Couple of cable ties and a Proporta gadget bag would fix that problem right up. I can't see myself actually taking the TV-out cable anywhere... and if I did it would be likely that I would be carrying a handful of wired Xbox 360 or PS3 controllers, making another cable the least of my worries.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks 10ft is overkill!

That makes it a pretty big and clumsy accessory to be carrying around, with plenty of potential for cables to get tangled up with each other. Moreover, there's more chance of one of the cables getting damaged. I'd have much rather have seen a device with small breakout cables ending in female S-Video and audio ports, bundled with a short (or long, if it made little or no different costs"] S-Video and RCA cables. People who required longer/shorted cables would always then have the option of getting replacements.[/quote]
it's not so difficult shortening it. just buy a coax and din plug, cut the cable and resolder.

or bundle it up and wrap some velcro strap around it, or rubber bands, or cable ties

short cables are ok right up to the point it needs to be another inch longer, and in my experience your speaker/coax/network/whatever cable will always end up in some situation where it could do with being "just a bit longer", I NEVER had a problem with needing a cable to be a bit shorter.

And you have to remember that a lot of people will be playing games through the cable and the tv, and the console will work as the control pad. A 10 foot cable for a control pad is hardly excessive, especially given that some distance will be taken up by going round the back of the tv, rather than the front of a videogame console.

I don't see the point of having a short TV out cable, as the point of a TV cable would be to sit in your normal TV chair and use the Pandora, isn't it? A short cable would be useless and thus I for one applaud the length decision. 10 feet is the shortest it can be, I wouldn't mind another couple of feet actually.

Back