Brand New Gp2x Seems To Have Been Bricked In 1 Min

kotd

Website
Visit site
Just got a brand new GP2X from play-asia. Non of my batteries seemed to work so I used the batteries it came with. Worked fine first time than I went looking through the options, chose info or something and it said to hold L R or something. I did and it changed the screen color than it locked up.

I turned the power off and turned it back on. Got stuck on the loading screen. Same second time round. Next few times it got stuck on the grey screen. Now all I get is the white screen with lines running down it.

My brand new GP2X seems to be bricked in less then a minute. I'm furious to say the least. I'm charging other batteries right now but I only used the GP ones for a few minutes. What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 22 2005 at 09:43 AM said:
Hopefully it is just the crap batteries.

Must admit mine lasted a bit longer than that though.

The same thing happened to me during a frodo gaming session :) i got the white screen with lines running down it. Thought my gp2x was broke. Tried a freshly charged pair of batterys. Boot and loaded fine i was gettin worried to :) maybe this is the case with yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
On a battery tester is says that batteries are still good. Although it's gone from the loading screen to the grey screen to white. So it might be the batteries but it doesn't seem to likely. :(

Just tried a Duracell and 1800 NiMH I had lying around. Both had some charge. With them. The screen is just white all the time. Or there are a couple lines at the top. Let me guess, bricked?

Get new batteries or decent rechargables with a full charge (your 1800 might not be good enough, and 1600's certainly won't). And mixing some batteries you had sitting around is hardly a sensible test. Just because a battery has 'some' charge and could continue to power something else for a few hours doesn't mean it has enough to run the gp2x for even a few minutes.

the gp2x is very picky about batteries. I was plaing once and suddenly it froze. So i turned it off, waited a second, and then turned it back on. And all I got were multicolored lines. I was worried that it had been bricked or something, but I got some new batteries and it worked fine. Good luck getting it to work!

You CAN'T Test NiMH Batteries with a normal Tester. They don't react like normal accus. NiCD Accu's voltage slowly falls down to zero from begining of use. NiMH keep the voltage on a high level till they are almost dead. Then it falls down.

Okay well I bought some brand new TDK 'super alkaline' Alkalines and I managed to get to the grey screen once. So I guess these batteries may be useless too or my GP2X is f@#$ed one or the other. Though I'd like to mention it did work (once) with the batteries it came with but it's not working with these TDk's even once. All I get is that ugly white screen with lines.

I'll try an AC adapter at radio shack today.

Didn't work for me zero3k and even if it did I wouldn't accept that from a brand new unit. This is getting ridiculous. Brand new Alkalines not working at all? :S

my new unit is bricked...i was using an mmc card and all was well, i put in my new sd card and its bricked. im bloody annoyed.

Back