Breakout Box / Cradle Coming In Late December

if the dev board is only 30 euros, and the consumer version is 40, i'd probably just buy the consumer ed. though i'd like a version that didn't have it as a cradle, preferably with a wire that was around 45cm long or so. i dunno why, but that'd strike me as a useful feature.

It looks great but I dont think its worth £40. At a push I'd pay £30 inc p&p.

Please dont make these too expensive GPH...

It looks great but I dont think its worth £40. At a push I'd pay £30 inc p&p.

Please dont make these too expensive GPH...
It's unlikely since the bare board costs that much.
And it's a bit overpriced. $35 is what the cased one should cost, and $20 the bare-bones one. This is just a bunch of sockets soldered together, it's not a new system. It shouldn't cost that much more than most accessories. This isn't Apple where idiots are willing to pay $50 for any plastic strap that has the Apple logo on it and fits around their shiny IPod...

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Try not to miss the point: GP2X's can now be sold bundled with these things, meaning there may be an era when a GP2X just comes with such a docking solution. If that picks up, I'm all for the thing becoming a standard .. I mean, I see no reason not to put a stack underneath that just grows as you add more peripherals to the bottom of the dock..

Can this only be used as a docking station cradle thing. It looks of size that it could be folded up to the back of the gp2x. Will this be possible, or can it only be used as something for the gp2x to sit on top of. If it could be put on the back then I could have a wifi stick in it and still use it as a portable.

who cares about wi-fi rly? and the keyboard thing, id just hook a usb keayboard up to it...and it should cost about 10 ,more than the other BoB cause the case has to cost someting to make....

Oh, man.. It looks wonderful. I really hope this could lead to someone (if possible) porting OpenOffice so I can get papers for school and whatnot typed on my gp2x :D

there is that one palm desktop environment thing that has abiword (btw nice avatar, big fan of dri i take it)

Oh, yeah? Looks like I'm set than. (love the early DRI not so much the late stuff, but let's not get off topic :))

who cares about wi-fi rly? and the keyboard thing, id just hook a usb keayboard up to it...and it should cost about 10 ,more than the other BoB cause the case has to cost someting to make....
Because I'd love to browse the web from my campus right on the handheld. Just because you have no use for it doesn't mean I and many others do not (especially I, which is me, Alex! ;)).

Seriosuly, forget the keyboard, all I want is a small WiFi dongle that clips on the EXT port. A virtual keyboard will suffice for checking e-mail and general browsing!

- Alex

i guess i dont need it cause i have a laptop that works just fine with wi-fi (but a web browser would be cool for the 2x, if wi-fi is ever added)

Because I'd love to browse the web from my campus right on the handheld. Just because you have no use for it doesn't mean I and many others do not (especially I, which is me, Alex! ;)).

Seriosuly, forget the keyboard, all I want is a small WiFi dongle that clips on the EXT port. A virtual keyboard will suffice for checking e-mail and general browsing!

- Alex

Umm... I'm pretty sure someone already got a Wifi USB Stick working with their homemade USB HUB... It was quite a few months back that I saw the topic about it.

A compact clip-on solution would be more practical for average use.

- Alex

Back