Built In F200 Games Crashing - Not Impressed

maddis

Website
www.ringtonesheep.co.uk
Just got my new F200 Today, along with the cradal and tv out.

The folowing built in games are crashing and do not work:

RuckMan - Crashes whenever i try and load it up. The sound freezes and the GP2x just goes blank.
GhostPix - As soon as it soutputs sound when the game is started, the GP2x Freezes

This is sureley not supposed to happen?

So far the F200 does not seem to be giving me the best impressions

djmaddis said:
Just got my new F200 Today, along with the cradal and tv out.

The folowing built in games are crashing and do not work:

RuckMan - Crashes whenever i try and load it up. The sound freezes and the GP2x just goes blank.
GhostPix - As soon as it soutputs sound when the game is started, the GP2x Freezes

This is sureley not supposed to happen?

So far the F200 does not seem to be giving me the best impressions
OK, so... are you using the Cradle when they crash? If so, do you have a power supply to the Cradle? Some games (and apps, and emulators) don't have complete compatibility with TV-Out. What kind of batteries are you using in your GP2X - rechargeables or alkalines? (The GP2X runs like a wounded animal on alkalines :lol: ).

I no longer have a Cradle or the TV-Out cord, so I can't speak for those issues, but I've been playing the hell out of all the built-in games (they're SO much better than the ones that came with my MKII Value Pack edition), and none of them have ever crashed. I think I'm a GhostPix addict, but that's another story :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's strange that GPH developed the cradle, tv out/etc, but it's just like GPH to include some games with there own console which are not fully compatible with there own products :D

OK, so... are you using the Cradle when they crash? If so, do you have a power supply to the Cradle? Some games (and apps, and emulators) don't have complete compatibility with TV-Out. What kind of batteries are you using in your GP2X - rechargeables or alkalines? (The GP2X runs like a wounded animal on alkalines :lol: )

I am using a multi power adapter that which is set to 3v, as all the batteries (alkaline) are dying within 5 seconds. How can this relate to the f200 crashing?

It tends to crash when running out of power.. Try a set of NiMh 2000mA or better batteries - all the built in games work fine on them.

deluded said:
It tends to crash when running out of power.. Try a set of NiMh 2000mA or better batteries - all the built in games work fine on them.
ok, i will buy some tommorrow. Ive just ordered a 1TB hard drive (usb) for the gp2x, i guess this will also work?

Both games are Fenix games... maybe that could be the reason... think I will observe when I got my F200.

Vilmos said:
Ruckman worked fine for me on the f200 using the built-in games.

I haven't tried ghostpix yet.
what power source are you using? Am i experiening these problems because i am using an unofficial gp2x 3rd party mulit power adaptor?

Vilmos said:
what power source are you using? Am i experiening these problems because i am using an unofficial gp2x 3rd party mulit power adaptor?
It's quite possible, I know a lot of cheaper power bricks, especially adjustable ones, have been known to output power that varies wildly from what it ought to output, don't suppose you have a voltometer handy with which to test it eh?

The fact that half the people on this forum have some software work and others don't, and other apps work for them is a really bad sign.... it would seem to indicate there are inconsistences in the F200 design.

Stealth Bagel said:
The fact that half the people on this forum have some software work and others don't, and other apps work for them is a really bad sign.... it would seem to indicate there are inconsistences in the F200 design.
You should have seen that coming a mile away... <_<

anyways doubt its design...most of the time people these are the same issues that happened before with MKI. Besides these are first batches remember????

some will work perfectly...some will be unfortunately below par...

Stealth Bagel said:
Um, this guy was using alkaline batteries and he's obviously not used a GP2X before. How that could make someone conclude that the F-200 has design flaws is beyond me. :eek:

Anyway... using anything less than high-capacity rechargeables in the GP2X is just wasting money. You don't use alkalines in your digital camera, right? (well, I hope)

Ruckman crashes on mine too. It comes to the title screen and then lets out a loud buzz. I am not using a cradle or anything and use AC power, emus seem to work and Ruckman works off of my SD card. Sounds like a dodgy install of the games by GPH ;)

Squidge said:
I know it's strange that GPH developed the cradle, tv out/etc, but it's just like GPH to include some games with there own console which are not fully compatible with there own products :D
this is really funny: on the quick guide it is mentioned that only gph approved software runs perfectly with the tv out..

Um, this guy was using alkaline batteries and he's obviously not used a GP2X before. How that could make someone conclude that the F-200 has design flaws is beyond me. :eek:

using alkelines was just something i tried as a quick test as i hadnt had chance to buy any nimhd batteries yet. Its funny as i was actually off work sick yesterday so i was limited with my resources! I guess if it ist still happening when i get the high capacity (2850mh) ill have to get a replacement from the gp2x store. Variences in the f200? Hmm that doesnt sound to good at all.

the crashing is deffinetly relating to something as after about 3 mins of paying monkey island through scummyv the same thing happens : crash

djmaddis said:
I am using a multi power adapter that which is set to 3v, as all the batteries (alkaline) are dying within 5 seconds. How can this relate to the f200 crashing?

A power adapter inputs alternative current and outputs stable current (not sure this is the right English word).
With cheap adapters, it is not always perfectly stable, and this can cause unexpected crashes. This could be an explanation.

Back