Built In F200 Games Crashing - Not Impressed

Esn said:
Anyway... using anything less than high-capacity rechargeables in the GP2X is just wasting money. You don't use alkalines in your digital camera, right? (well, I hope)
Are you suggesting i dont know what batteries to use? I was assistant manager at a photographic shop for 2 years. I think you need to emphassise your point on my question of the mains power rather than going on about hi capacity batteries. Afterall, my problem is relating to the mains power as i havnt tried batteries yet ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the current rating of the psu? Should say somewhere in mA(sorry if you already knew that :) ).

And is it transformer based (heavy) or switched mode (light)

deluded said:
What's the current rating of the psu? Should say somewhere in mA(sorry if you already knew that :) ).

What current supply does the GP2X require?

So nobody is having problems with Phishy, or is nobody just playing it? since that uses fenix and is on the Nand

Goity said:
So nobody is having problems with Phishy, or is nobody just playing it? since that uses fenix and is on the Nand
I've played your devilish addictive game and it played without any problem. Didn't have any problems with the other games as well btw.

deluded said:

Actually the m is just a prefix, Milli. So the current output is rated in Ah, Amperes * Hours. Futhermore, this is also wrong, Ampere Hours tells you how long you could sustain a given current output from a pair of batteries. As a power supply does not store charge, but connects the GP2x directly to a mains supply of electricity, all that matters is the maximum current throughput of the adaptor, which will be of course rated in Ampheres. So it will be rated simply in A.

I've played all the built in games on the F-200 and none of them have given me any trouble. In fact, I've had no trouble with any of the games included on the CD either that I've tried (although I've only tried ALL of them...)

deluded said:

ok. This is what i am using as my power:

vivanco NL 500 GBS
500mA REGULATED AC/DC ADAPTOR
Input-240v ac ~ 50hz
Output-1.5v TO 12VDC 500mA

i have set it at 3volts and have connected it to the gp2x f200

I use Energizer e2 2500mah batteries, and to be honest I'm happy with the battery life from these guys.

djmaddis said:
deluded said:

ok. This is what i am using as my power:

vivanco NL 500 GBS
Input-240v ac ~ 50hz
Output-1.5v TO 12VDC 500mA

i have set it at 3volts and have connected it to the gp2x f200

That's not enough, the GP2X needs at least twice that current, no wonder you're having problems :

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/External_power_supply

djmaddis said:
Thats fine if all you want to do is launch Linux and use the GPH menu system. If you want to play any games or emu's, it should be a minimum of 750mA (1A preferred). For TV output, it should ideally be 2A.

Squidge said:
djmaddis said:
Thats fine if all you want to do is launch Linux and use the GPH menu system. If you want to play any games or emu's, it should be a minimum of 750mA (1A preferred). For TV output, it should ideally be 2A.

Are you telling me that with 2.8Ah batteries when running tv-out you only get 1.4 hours? Jesus :S

Right. The GPX Works fine. I bought 4x 2700mh batteries today.

The GPXF200 is stable, i repeat stable! Both the games i had problems with now work fine.

A Word of advice to all you wanting to use a random multi addaptor with your precious GP2X.

USE OFFICIAL GP2X POWER ADAPTOR!

Try boomshine2x ;) It's the game I wrote. I really want to add touch screen support (the game is made for a mouse really) but I cannot unless the fenix runtime is updated to support it.

djmaddis said:
Right. The GPX Works fine. I bought 4x 2700mh batteries today.

The GPXF200 is stable, i repeat stable! Both the games i had problems with now work fine.

A Word of advice to all you wanting to use a random multi addaptor with your precious GP2X.

USE OFFICIAL GP2X POWER ADAPTOR!
Glad to hear it! Enjoy your new F-200! :D

I just KNEW it wasn't a case of "inconsistent design". :lol:

well it's ok not to use an official power adapter but you have to get one with the right specs (specifically, plenty of amperage)

Gosh... what a disaster...

The Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles demo included seems to work for everyone who has tried it. Has it crashed on anyone yet?

You know, I feel kinda special and all. We're of the privileged people who have something that works...

I hope the F200's problems get solved soon.

Yuan said:
Gosh... what a disaster...

The Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles demo included seems to work for everyone who has tried it. Has it crashed on anyone yet?

You know, I feel kinda special and all. We're of the privileged people who have something that works...

I hope the F200's problems get solved soon.
It's never crashed on me. The supposed F-200 "problems" are MAINLY a mixture of negative hype and use by n00bs. There were MINOR incompatibility issues for just a few days when it came out, but there have been new releases of MAME and PocketSNES that have addressed many of those issues.

And let's not forget "OMG! Oh Noez! I just got my F-200 and it's broken!!! Oh wait, you're not supposed to use alkaline batteries? Never mind!" :lol:

I got mine 4 days after the F-200's were released, and I've never had a problem AT ALL.

Back