Caanoo coding competition

I wasn't expressing annoyance at the app contest as an event, just that it was happening at the same time as the Emulator one. Maybe its not such a bad thing, but as I said, it might divert interest. They would probably be best happening a few months apart.

And as far as I know, GPH are still looking for devs to send units out to. You mention that there are those more deserving of it than you - please suggest them so that someone can send their names on to GPH. I'm not moaning again, but I would have thought that there aren't many scene devs left who aren't already preoccupied with the Pandora. Then again, I have no idea how many GPH have sent out already.

quote said:
And as far as I know, GPH are still looking for devs to send units out to.
Cool, do you think they would send me one? I've written only one game for the Wiz and that was a Tetris clone :( .

crow_riot should definitely get one! Did I mentioned that your Guitars on Fire port is awesome? But GPH could be afraid that it's better than Rhythmos :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Nova's in contact with Tony so if we make a little list then he could send that. I hope this isn't too off-topic, shall we make a new thread?
- Alex.
- Ruckage
- crow_riot

Definately Exophase , Senor Quack, crow riot, Pickle already has one, Zodttd?
I'm sure they'll be sending one to Ruckage, didn't they already inquire about him?

Orion4874 said:
Definately Exophase
Read his post ;) .

Orion4874 said:
Senor Quack,
Yes, and Orkie methinks.

Orion4874 said:
quote said:
I would have thought that there aren't many scene devs left who aren't already preoccupied with the Pandora.
That, and he can hardly manage the Pandora, what with his awesome work on the iPhone an' all.

Someone will have to talk to them directly, I dont think they stay current on who does what with their hardware.
I wouldnt have received mine otherwise.

Pickle said:
Someone will have to talk to them directly, I dont think they stay current on who does what with their hardware.
I wouldnt have received mine otherwise.
quote said:
Well Nova's in contact with Tony so if we make a little list then he could send that.

quote said:
Orion4874 said:
Definately Exophase
Read his post ;) .
I did read it, he didn't say he'd refuse one so add him anyway, unless he specifically says not to. It's not like this list is going to be overly large.

Orion4874 said:
Senor Quack,
Yes, and Orkie methinks.
Ah, Orkie, definately.

Orion4874 said:
quote said:
I would have thought that there aren't many scene devs left who aren't already preoccupied with the Pandora.
That, and he can hardly manage the Pandora, what with his awesome work on the iPhone an' all.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about him myself. Figured I'd throw him out there to see what others thought. Didn't he get a dev Wiz unit, which prompted him to do PSXforWiz?

You should include DaveC as well but ask GPH to rig a crazy over sized analog stick that you would need your whole hand to use! ;)

Any dev who wants one, or feels like they could produce some good stuff for it, please PM me your email addresses and I will get in touch with GPH to plead your case. Don't pm me until an hour after this post, as I need to get home to clear my inbox.

EDIT: Ok, go ahead.

Peter R said:
Nova said:
Don't pm me until an hour after this post, as I need to get home to clear my inbox.

People could email you via the board if you enabled email.

Long story short, my current email is tied up with some joke account I created (can't remember which) and I can't set it to default at the moment :p.

thanks guys for voting for me :rolleyes:

i dont know how many caanoo's GPH will send out, but i wouldn't say no. though, since i'm having a fulltime job and have no problem affording it, i'd rather give it out to someone else who is willing to support the community and is short of money :)

I'd also say notaz, but he's tied up with Pandora stuff I think.

What do we all think of GPH starting the contest at the end of August? Will enough devs have a Caanoo by then?

If mine arrives in time from ED ( pre-ordered this morning, ) I'll do something assuming you mean the contest starting at the end of August!
I've been doing nothing but tools related stuff recently.. would be good to do something creative of my own :)

I have a few ideas as well, but will need to try the controls first, before committing to anything, really.. as I'd want to support the Pandora as well.

To all who messaged me:

I got a reply from Tony Han just now. Hm.

For the sample for the developers we will have to wait for that.

I can not give more samples as I am exceeded.

But if those two developers could join our Face Book and try to give as much support as possible maybe I can pick them as a great supporter of the Caanoo and send them a free sample.

I think that will be the best way for us to start.

What do you think about this?

Let me know your ideas

It's very annoying and the complete wrong way to be doing things. For a while now, GPH has been giving out consoles to average joes on Facebook who have been jumping through silly hoops to obtain them; "Oh look at me, I'm your biggest fan GPH". And they're completely ignoring the people who will be creating the most content for the console. Ridiculous.

I'll reply to him and let him know I think that randomly selecting people on Facebook is a massive waste of their money and a waste of potential.

Nova said:
It's very annoying and the complete wrong way to be doing things. For a while now, GPH has been giving out consoles to average joes on Facebook who have been jumping through silly hoops to obtain them; "Oh look at me, I'm your biggest fan GPH". And they're completely ignoring the people who will be creating the most content for the console. Ridiculous.

I'll reply to him and let him know I think that randomly selecting people on Facebook is a massive waste of their money and a waste of potential.

Im not surprised, like i said before I was lucky i even got mine.

Nova said:
quote said:
Thanks for the vid. Gotta love a bit of Mumford and Sons :) .

Nova said:
GPH is planning a worldwide emulator coding contest.
Did they tell you this privately? Because I don't remember them ever being specific towards emulators for it.

Yeah, it was in an email from Tony Han.

wait what, i missed a mumford and sons video?

Jan-Nik said:
quote said:
And as far as I know, GPH are still looking for devs to send units out to.
Cool, do you think they would send me one? I've written only one game for the Wiz and that was a Tetris clone :( .

crow_riot should definitely get one! Did I mentioned that your Guitars on Fire port is awesome? But GPH could be afraid that it's better than Rhythmos :D

just win one of the contests on facebook, they are pretty easy to win.

Back