Caanoo Value

zsonance

So now that GPH went out of business (which is really sad..) They are not creating the Caanoo anymore right?

Does this mean all of them will go up in value? Will they soon not be able to be purchased online anymore?

They are not out of business, they just don´t develop new handshelds anymore. There are still a lot of Caanoos in stock and GPH can produce new ones, if needed.

Personally I'm waiting to see if the Caanoo is going to lose reputation as a gaming device. I've only had mine for about a month and a half, and already the analog stick is starting to act up ... sending random "down" events while in zero position to the Caanoo. And it's not like I've abused it or overused it. I'm wondering if the analog stick is just too mechanically complex, compared to a D-pad, to hold up to serious gaming.

well you can send it ti the GPH centre if you are in europe.
personally i want to get another caanoo but i haven't found any shops that sell it in europe, gp2x.de store haven't the caanoo, also a shop in spain..

I also want to get another, possibly playasia around beguining of next year.
I have been taking extremely care on the caanoo, joy and ports and buttons, so it lasts.
the stylus seems to be able to hold for year to come.

drawing using wacom pens on it is just wonderfull.

kayuz said:
personally i want to get another caanoo but i haven't found any shops that sell it in europe, gp2x.de store haven't the caanoo
I was surprised to read, but you're right. Looks like ED is over-worked with his gp2x.de shop and get the restart of pandora production running at the same time. As if that isn't enough, he is still working in a fulltime job. Maybe you should write him a pm here or at his shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akabei said:
kayuz said:
personally i want to get another caanoo but i haven't found any shops that sell it in europe, gp2x.de store haven't the caanoo
I was surprised to read, but you're right. Looks like ED is over-worked with his gp2x.de shop and get the restart of pandora production running at the same time. As if that isn't enough, he is still working in a fulltime job. Maybe you should write him a pm here or at his shop.

A great choice, what about playasia? is that any good at all?
I´d personally go for ED if I was around europe though.

i have to ask to ED, ever is within europe ;)
i only hope that he don't hide intentionally the caanoos for sell more pandora :/

erico said:
it seems there is a heck of a lot of spam attack over the forums these days... :(

Yeah, I used to be pretty consistent about reporting it, but I'm not sure there's anyone receiving the reports, or if there is, can't really do anything about it because the spammer just posts a bunch of spam messages and then is gone.

I'm gonna have to agree with RuffNutts, camera_girl on ebay was really cheap, has the accessories aswell and free shipping, although I still am waiting for mine to arrive (ordered the other day).

Keep an eye on "bestbuy_from_bestseller" on eBay, too. I got my Caanoo from that seller for $105 with free economy shipping, and at the time the same seller had several other Caanoos for close to that price.

Back