Cases & Boards Greenlighted Already?

Letalis Sonus said:
They're thinking about keeping the shoulder buttons of the remaining cases unpainted to solve this tiny issue.

Don't suppose you've got a reference for that do you please?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the link from Kloplop's feed:

http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=de_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fforum.gp2x.de%2f.%2fviewtopic.php%3ff%3d24%26t%3d9683%26p%3d124157%26sid%3da1b74565ec860454cdbe380a8c3121af#p124157

It's a pretty shitty translation.

svs-57 said:
May be create robot to send here questions each 5 min. about rest cases/boards?
meh i just ahve the feeling if the topic drops down that craig wont reply anymore. and this is important info for all >1000 pre-orderers.

svs-57 said:
It was just joke

I am concerned that bqx took you seriously, and can no longer believe posters on this board are definitely not robots.

svs-57 said:
Yes we are 3000 robots waiting some words about rest cases :)

Once the foolish humans receive their Pandoras our plans can finally move to phase two, beep beep bloop.

This is what I find so frustrating about this project, the information vacuum. Yes it's great they have 1000 cases, but if your order number >1000, you still have no idea when to expect yours. Grrrrr

I hope, after MWeston arrived in england and gave his OK to the cases, they instantly notified the Case Factory (over Fatih) and the chinese guys already producing cases like mad. There is no reason for waiting so they just can post here that everything is OK. ;)

Drilling a hole during assembling is much better I think than let the case factory alter the Moulds again. The Idea, not to paint the Shoulder Buttons also sounds great but again, first the green light has to be confirmed.
It would be a huge mistake, if the Assembling team suddenly rans out of Cases and they have to wait again. (Boards seems to arrive in time).

Also waiting for some info about the cases, the Chinese factory should be able to produce all of the cases in less than a month. I'm also still wondering how EvilDragon's queue is managed as I'm near the end of his preorder-list...

I would say that more boards should be arriving any day now(may have already arrived), so there should never really be a delay in that area. I would hope they have approved the cases, and I would recommend the team not to bother with the factory making any fixes. They seem to be doing OK making there own corrections, so I would just stay that course.

If Michael approved them last week, and if they got started ASAP, we could see some more cases arriving by early next week(right in time to continue assembly). Let's all keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Chris

jumpman said:
I would say that more boards should be arriving any day now(may have already arrived), so there should never really be a delay in that area. I would hope they have approved the cases, and I would recommend the team not to bother with the factory making any fixes. They seem to be doing OK making there own corrections, so I would just stay that course.

If Michael approved them last week, and if they got started ASAP, we could see some more cases arriving by early next week(right in time to continue assembly). Let's all keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Chris
Yes. The easy way(asking boards factory about corrections) could turn out to be the hard way.

jumpman said:

Chris
I think you are way too optimistic. How long have you been following this project?(kidding)I realize tweaking molds is different than producing cases but the plastics company has not really been known for being punctual.

aaronson911 said:
I think you are way too optimistic. How long have you been following this project?(kidding)I realize tweaking molds is different than producing cases but the plastics company has not really been known for being punctual.
Agreed. Having the case manufacturer fix this problem is a guaranteed two months delay. This has been the case for the past one and a half year, therefore it will also be the case now.

If it indeed takes only 3 seconds per button then it takes about a day for one person to fix this for all cases. Communication with the factory alone already takes more time.

I think you guys should prepare yourself for a scenario in which 1000 or so folks get their systems and then there's a multi-month gap in between that group and the next 3000 with more mold altering. That's what I'm doing.

Arkay Firestar said:
I think you guys should prepare yourself for a scenario in which 1000 or so folks get their systems and then there's a multi-month gap in between that group and the next 3000 with more mold altering. That's what I'm doing.

My thoughts entirely. Especially since there's also board altering going on and I haven't read anything about the new and WiFi improved boards rolling out yet.

It would be great if the current production line could be kept in supplies to soldier on but I think dealing efficiently with bottlenecks will be a thing for the 4 to 10k Pandora's built.

No blame by the way, all part of the learning process, I'm happy to be in the first 4k and compared to the first 1k buyers I'm getting it in record time ;) (probably :p )

Back