Cases & Boards Greenlighted Already?

ALL HANDS, BRACE FOR IMPACT!

picard1.jpg

Timstertoo said:
Especially since there's also board altering going on and I haven't read anything about the new and WiFi improved boards rolling out yet.
They already have 700 boards with the correct resistor and the board factory should already be working on the next few hundred.

Or have i gotten your statement wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong said:
Timstertoo said:
Especially since there's also board altering going on and I haven't read anything about the new and WiFi improved boards rolling out yet.
They already have 700 boards with the correct resistor and the board factory should already be working on the next few hundred.

Or have i gotten your statement wrong?

No you didn't get my statement wrong. I must've missed the bit where the correct boards are already being produced. Happy days! :D

One thing less to wait for. What would be a best case estimate for number 4000 to get his Pandora, the dreaded 2 months? maybe 3? So let's say end of the year considering vulcanos and other divine interventions?

Timstertoo said:
No you didn't get my statement wrong. I must've missed the bit where the correct boards are already being produced. Happy days! :D
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding or whatever, but just in case I'll restate that there's no change to the boards themselves. The only difference is a single resistor. Nothing else needs to change, so there should have been nothing holding up population of the boards. They were supposed to have been doing 500 per week, but we were told that 6 weeks ago meaning they should have 3000 by now. They have half that, so I dunno, and I don't really want to know.

I think the lack of OP response speaks volumes (although in fairness they are quite busy ;-) - but they did manage to comment on plenty other posts). I think if OP had green lighted the factory we would have heard about it. I certainly don't see OP themselves assembling the other Pandoras as it would take far too long. I think it's great that the 1st 1000 are being assembled now, but I don't think the other 3000 will be assembled for at least another month (and I'm being optimistic here). My Pandora is probably around the 2500 mark :-(

Hopefully OP will respond, to stop all the guessing (including mine ;-) )

OPT don't want to answer. This means that they still haven't order rest cases and boards.
IMHO
They want big break after assembling first 1000 OP.
It's clear that they don't want neither order cases nor answer to our questions.

torpor said:
Craig already said he gave the okay for the rest of the cases .. pay attention people!
Where is proof URL?

Pay attention? You means wait one more year?
To stop our guess OPT have to inform us about status of OP >1000

I agree. If we haven't heard other wise it seems like it will be a delay for the >1000 cases. But at least 1000 is out and we know now that the Chinese factory actually succeeded to make them

It turns out, to be fair, that the OPT decided that everyone should have to wait the same length of time from when they placed their pre-order to when they receive it.

This means, after the initial 1500, that have to be assembled within a few hours, the team has about a day for another 1000 and very relaxing 2 years for the rest. Sounds sane to me. Right?

Now...wheres that log? I want to know when my Pandora is painted.

torpor said:
Check the IRC logs, Gruso ..
It's not answer. Nobody know about rest cases except you.
Very simple to answer to any question - use google :)

svs-57 said:
torpor said:
Check the IRC logs, Gruso ..
It's not answer. Nobody know about rest cases except you.
Very simple to answer to any question - use google :)

If the answer is in the #openpandora IRC logs, then this is almost the same as giving a link to a relevant thread. I'd like to see the conversation too, though.

I can't remember what exactly he said, word for word, so its not so easy to "just Google it" but the gist of it was that he was going to wait for MWeston to inspect the cases when he arrived, and if they were up to snuff, go ahead and order the rest of them from the factory for immediate delivery .. I'll try to find the details, but I'm at work now and don't have my IRC logs available, but I'll have a look in the evening and see if I can find details .. assuming of course that we don't get an even more official position statement on the issue in the meantime.

Which we might, you never know .. they could take a break from servicing customers to answer ridiculous demands in the meantime ..

I don't really do IRC, and I don't know how to check logs.

My deficiencies aside, surely if Craig can announce it there he can announce it here. In other words, GP32X or it didn't happen. :p

I hear about "inspect the case" since Xmas.
I forget only it was 2009 or 2008 year :)
They are assembling 1000 OP without case inspection?

torpor said:
Which we might, you never know .. they could take a break from servicing customers to answer ridiculous demands in the meantime ..

Is it really that ridiculous a question? MWeston, Craigix and EvilDragon all had time to post/tweet yesterday, but not once to answer a simple question from their customers. If they did give the green light once MWeston had looked at the cases, wasn't that over a week ago? It seems fair to me to ask if there has been any progress since then?

As an aside, I thought there was some irony in craigix complaining on twitter about being ignored by UK media, when OPT seem quite happy to ignore their customers!!

Back