Cases cleared for further transport (2010-10-04)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
The big boxes full of cases have just been cleared in London and will therefore be transported to Newcastle.

They are ready to be picked up tomorrow there - though I have no idea about Craigs' current timetable and when he wants to pick them up... but I don't think he'll leave them there for a long time.

With the new nub prototypes that should arrive within this week and over 1000 boards already produced, we'll finally get closer and closer to delivery... yeah, I know, we said that for the last two years ;)

But still - knowing that everything except for the nubs does REALLY exist now makes me feel a lot more comfortable.

How many Nubs do you have?, Are they stresstestet, or are they new ones they need to be testet?, and how long until enought Nubs for the Boards are ready?

You need Twice of them, because you have dualnubs on each pandora

(i cant remember how to write "each")

Good News, i hope thy found this time the Townhall, not again so many parts on the Parkingrange from the Gardencenter...

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo! This almost makes me willing to forgive the case factory for all the delays!

@matzezu Use 'each' instead of 'the' - 'You need two times as many, because you have dual nubs on each Pandora'

How many Nubs do you have?, Are they stresstestet, or are they new ones they need to be testet?, and how long until enought Nubs for the Boards are ready?

You need Twice of them, becaus you have dualnobs on the pandora

(i cant remember how to write "each".

We don't have any nubs (well, except for the old ones we won't use anymore).

As said above: The new prototypes with the automotive silicon material (way more robust than rubber) should arrive within this week and then the stresstest begins.

If they finally pass, mass production will start - though I don't know yet how long it'll take.

We're trying to get smaller batches from them so we can put them on the boards while they are still producing the rest :)

2 More Weeks, for new Noobs, or how long dos they need for 500.000 Cicles?

So in 2 Weeks, the Boardfaktory do solder the 2000 Nubs on the 1000 Boards?,

This mean in 5 Weeks, i can have my units, thats a long time, but not as long as 2 Yeahrs...

Finally some good news again. Thanks for the update ED.

Let's try a bit of predicting. New nub prototype this week, testing next week. Fix problems found in test the week after and test again.

So with a bit of luck mass production can start begin next month. Let's say it takes about a week, then shipping to board factory to attach nubs to boards and ship to Craig. Put boards in casings and ship to customers. Optimistically, end of November/begin December more units could ship to customers.

Good to know everything seems to be going (dare i say it!) smoothly for the moment.

Any chance of a little roadmap on Nub testing Ed? (worst case scenario etc.) correct me if i'm wrong, but the Nub testing is the last thing thing we are waiting for.. right?

theres a light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunetly this tunnel goes under a volcanic mountain :(

Any chance of a little roadmap on Nub testing Ed? (worst case scenario etc.) correct me if i'm wrong, but the Nub testing is the last thing thing we are waiting for.. right?

Worst case scenario?

Humm... we'll all die for some reason and the Pandora will never exist :D

But, yeah, basically, nubs and all boards populated is the last thing we're waiting for :)

Worst case scenario?

Humm... we'll all die for some reason and the Pandora will never exist :D

But, yeah, basically, nubs and all boards populated is the last thing we're waiting for :)

Worst case will be when one of you goes back in time and kills craigix just before he makes the craiginator thread :)

Worst case will be when one of you goes back in time and kills craigix just before he makes the craiginator thread :)

This should be no Problem:

You cant kill peaple in the past:

If you kill Craig in 2008, you dont has an reason today to go back in time and kill him..., = Craig survive..

If i understand Albert Einstein Corektly...

I give no Quaranty, that it works...

No Craigix = No Pandora,

This means: Dont Kill Craigix in the Past, if you dont want the Anger from 4000 Peaple..

I call it "Pandoradox"

Cool. Does this mean that I, at position ~4000, might be able to get my hands on a Pandora before the end of this month?

If it does, I'm actually going to come and collect it. And I'll get you (whoever I collect it from) a pint. Especially if me collecting it would mean I get it sooner :)

We don't have any nubs (well, except for the old ones we won't use anymore).

or selling "old-nubber" units to people who want them? thay way those nubs wont go to waste... ^_^

yeah i know i'm being a nag... so sorry... dont get me wrong, though... its not that im not concerned with the nubs of the whole production, im just contented if i got one with the old nubs. :D

So Craigix posts that their transport van has burst into flames.

http://bit.ly/amFiqx

In his own familiarly ambiguous style, he neglects to mention the state the cases were in. (in the van? not affected? etc...)

Back