Center Click Vs More Travel

Which would interest you more? (assuming both are high quality at what they are made to do)

• Nub with 1mm of travel from center, sturdy center click

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nub with 2mm of travel, no center click

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MWeston

Internal Development
Website
openpandora.ca
I just want to focus the opinions from the other threads into one where we can instantly see results and talk about the possibilities.

I kind of made a thread like that already, only with two more choices. Either should get closed.

Yay, first vote! No center click, please!

Like someone in the other thread mentioned, I could easily see myself pressing it by accident all the time.

EDIT: Wow, three more votes and a reply before I was done typing this!

More accurate control trumps center click. Too bad we can't can't have it all, but oh well, I never liked center click on the Zodiac anyway.

One less part that might break too.

Kyosys said:
I kind of made a thread like that already, only with two more choices. Either should get closed.
Sorry Kyoss, I didn't make it to the end of the other thread before starting this poll and you might have been creating it at the same time I made this one :)

This poll has fewer options and are just the two options that present little to NO delay so I guess we can just leave them up until a mod finds one too redundant. ;)

BTW, little to no delay means production in August and delay means September-October.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have it soon with high accuracy - anyone who wants centre click can add a small button into the nub, run tiny wires down into the case and solder to the spare L2/R2 I've seen on the PCB. You can alter the travel, but it would be far more difficult.

MWeston said:
Kyosys said:
Sorry Kyoss, I didn't make it to the end of the other thread before starting this poll and you might have been creating it at the same time I made this one :)

This poll has fewer options and are just the two options that present little to NO delay so I guess we can just leave them up until a mod finds one too redundant. ;)

BTW, little to no delay means production in August and delay means September-October.

I say August, 'cause my birthday's in August.

Yeah, your poll is probably better because it's more realistic, so they should close mine.

Prophet said:
One of the best reasons for no centre click IMO.

NeX-Ferret said:
I'd rather have it soon with high accuracy - anyone who wants centre click can add a small button into the nub, run tiny wires down into the case and solder to the spare L2/R2 I've seen on the PCB. You can alter the travel, but it would be far more difficult.
Damn good point too :)

The more I think about it, I would probably prefer the thing without centre click at all... like others have mentioned, it can be annoying to click it in accidently, and possibly weakens the part ("one more thing that can break" as said)... plus with so many keys in easy reach to map buttons to, it shouldn't efect gameplay much even in the few games that use it.

If the PSP is popular with only 1 analogue stick, no stick-click, no touchscreen and no additional keys, then the Pandora's many input options are absolute gravy.

"Nub with 2mm of travel, no center click" voted because a 1mm travel A-Pad seems to be quite useless. We lost the click (2 button functions at all) but the Pandora has more than enough Buttons left over AND DaveC can't complain about these evil stick-clicks like onto the GP2X. :D

The best way of course would be to make a completely new Analog-Nub exclussive for the Pandora. ;) I suggested to ask TI, if the Pandora really is a "pet project" of TI, maybe they can help with a little bit of engineering and money-power?

Prophet said:
Word.

Thought I'd broke my GP2X a couple of weeks ago. Stick was loose, actually loose, inside the case. Fecked about with it a bit and it clicked back in :blink: Even if the stick was bust wasn't going to open the case - as long as it boots I can test whatever buggy P.O.S. I'm coding runs :)

+1 for no click

im heavy handed at the best of times, the click probably would have pissed me off anyway.

go for the psp style nub, its not that bad.
as others have said, you'll never get the perfect device but its pretty close so that'll do for me.

Voted no click, 2mm travel. Precision is simply more important and there are plenty of buttons/keys anyway.

Back