Changes?

Nope. Unless there's a really critical hardware screw-up, the first and second batch Pandoras will be identical.

I think they're going to make several batches with the same hardware. Designing the circuit board is a lot of effort, so they're probably not going to do it until after they've made a profit and the originals have started to go obsolete as more ARM handhelds hit the market.

Vorporeal said:
NOT a good idea. Send an email to the sales team - openpandora@gmail.com, IIRC, and ask them if there are any available. They'll give you all the ordering information - the order pages aren't a good way to do it, as there have been many changes to the ordering "process" since the first orders were taken.

Hmm... good to know, I had emailed gp2xorders@pandora.com per the ordering page but I forwarded the email along to that address as well. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be mistaken, but I don't think the "openpandora@gmail.com" address is correct (someone please correct me if I'm wrong - I hope I am in this case). As far as I was aware, it's openpandorasales@gmail.com . :blink:

Straight from openpandora.org:
There are a small number of Pandoras left from the first batch - if you are interested in buying one please email openpandorasales@gmail.com.
:)

Tensuke said:
Straight from openpandora.org:
There are a small number of Pandoras left from the first batch - if you are interested in buying one please email openpandorasales@gmail.com.
:)

Third email forwarded. This is getting out of hand :)

Haha sorry about missing the "sales" part - the IIRC was the integral part of that sentence. ;)

Where on the site does it say there are a small number of Pandoras left from the first batch? I recall them being sold out.

Corecannon said:
Where on the site does it say there are a small number of Pandoras left from the first batch? I recall them being sold out.
Yeah, but people have canceled their orders due to the delays.

There were 3800ish pre-orders made. 4000 Pandoras are being built in the first batch.
Bank snafu happens, 3800 pre-orders refunded. Most people re-order, many do not though. They continue taking orders.
Back in April (I think it was) I managed to trick someone (it may have been Chip, who, try as he may, doesn't always have complete information) into admitting there were about 3500 re-pre-orders. They're probably closer to the original 3800 now.
Ordering has officially been closed, but if you send a personal email to them, they'll probably let you have one of the remaining 200.

If you order this way do you have to pay now or do they not take the money from you untill the Pandoras are complete and sent to you? I'm asking this because I want to order ASAP but won't have the money to actually pay for it untill the 27th of July. I'm guessing they take the money as soon as you order because it wouldn't be a pre-order if they didn't do it that way. But I've never pre-ordered anything so I'm not 100% sure. ;P

They needed the pre-order to pay for the factory to build them. They've probably got enough now, but you'd still have to front 100% of the cost.
If you don't have the money now, why not wait until you do? I'm pretty sure they'll still have some on the 27th. Unless Craig announces the first production run begins on the 26th. In that case I imagine the vaporware fence sitters will grab up whatever is left.

Corecannon said:
Ok. I guess it's probably best I wait untill the 27th then. Thanks for helping!

Yep you pay it all up front, they still had some as of today and I placed my order. It's a shame they are being assembled in TX about 10 miles from me, but I have to pay $20 air shipping to receive them from who knows where. (since they are likely being sent back to the UK for packaging and what have you)

Luftwaffles said:
When you order a pandora from the first batch it gets shipped immediately correct?

Nope. 8+ months late and they aren't even manufactured yet.

Unless you mean once they're ready to be shipped, then yes they will be. :)

No. They haven't been assembled yet.

It'll be another 2-6 months before you'll actually get one!

(edite) beaten too it!

Pleng said:
No. They haven't been assembled yet.

It'll be another 2-6 months before you'll actually get one!

(edite) beaten too it!

Hahaha, yes :)
I've seen Luftwaffles in like 6 threads and in everyone he's like "So are you guys enjoying your Pandoras? Why is there no software for Pandora? Aren't the people with first batch Pandoras mad? :("
Just giving you a hard time Luftwaffles ;)

Umm those are the leftovers from the first batch so why wouldn't they be assembled yet?

Luftwaffles said:
Umm those are the leftovers from the first batch so why wouldn't they be assembled yet?

Because the first batch hasn't been assembled yet...

Back