Cnc Case That Should Be Finished Tomorrow

Phawx

Professional Derailer
If they don't finish tomorrow, Do we get to sacrifice one of "them" to ED?

On a more serious note, can every process that involves shipping, happen via Next day delivery? If money is a problem what if we get a donation pot going to speed this shit up?

I'll chip in an extra $10 to expedite the expedition of our beloved CNC case. Maybe if we get 20 people or 200 at $1 to donate we can make sure all further delivers can happen via Next day.

Or if it wouldn't matter if the CNC was shipped fast, why is that the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
A little bit off-topic, but this whole Pandora business is like nothing else.. almost[1].. here we're following every little piece through the prototyping, molding, ordering, shipping, testing phases, eagerly awaiting the outcome of each step and re-adjusting and discussing the final hour of it arriving at our doorstep. Truly exceptional! :)

[1] The one thing this reminds me of is when you order a hand-crafted, made-to-order acoustic guitar from a luthier. 'Hey <insert luthiers name here>, how are those inlays coming along? Did you get that Brazilian rosewood for the back? What about some pictures? Oh, and I just learned about some new fantastic material for the bridge pins.. can I get those instead of what we discussed earlier?'

My guess would be that it's already en route to ED, but if we could donate for expedited shipping to MWeston & then to the CE/FCC company well.... "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

'Consequence9' said:
My guess would be that it's already en route to ED, but if we could donate for expedited shipping to MWeston & then to the CE/FCC company well.... "I'd buy that for a dollar!"
The solid wording on the official blog says otherwise. And why would it go to ED first, shouldn't it go straight to MWeston?

Shouldn't this be in 'off topic'? It's not really all that relevant. Also, I think that we should sacrifice 'one of them', but I think it should be to John Elway.

'Phawx' said:
'Consequence9' said:
The solid wording on the official blog says otherwise. And why would it go to ED first, shouldn't it go straight to MWeston?

oops, missed that bit w/the date. And that bit where it's goin straight to mweston... lol.

But yah... not a bad idea. I'd throw in a few bux if i could do it thru paypal.

Nope, not yet en route. Also, it goes to MWeston first as he assembles the unit :)

Let's cross our fingers that the company will finish it tomorrow and ship it out ASAP.

Last edited:
'EvilDragon' said:
Nope, not yet en route. Also, it goes to MWeston first as he assembles the unit :)

Let's cross our fingers that the company will finish it tomorrow and ship it out ASAP.
Here's hoping! What shipping service/options are you using? (some kind of overnight i hope =])

'Phawx' said:
On a more serious note, can every process that involves shipping, happen via Next day delivery? If money is a problem what if we get a donation pot going to speed this shit up?
Money does not seem to be a problem as Craig is debating whether to spend some of his untold fortune in getting commercial games that would give :pandora1: a mass-market "zing" appeal. So I'd have thought they could manage next day delivery service :D

Heh yeah. International next day delivery for something the Pandora size will only cost about £10 - £20.

I know I pay about £10 for recorded next day delivery in the UK when I order computer parts of about 10 times the size of the Pandora.

The keypad took 2 weeks. It was accidentally shipped to Fatih who was at that 7d8 thing showing off the Pandora and than shipped it to Mweston on Dec 20th. I think we saw pics of the keymat in the old FDM case the day after christmas or 2 days after.

But, as far as I can see, its never been shipped next day. Which is why I would like to start a donation pot going so we can ship it faster.

I'm sure they'll ship everyting next day, or priority.

'Butterman' said:
Heh yeah. International next day delivery for something the Pandora size will only cost about £10 - £20.

I know I pay about £10 for recorded next day delivery in the UK when I order computer parts of about 10 times the size of the Pandora.
There isn't really any such thing as 'international next day delivery'. The closest you would get is UPS do an 'attempted' 24 hour delivery from some world zones, but it costs about £80-£100 and really takes more like 36 hours (depending on the direction round the world).

We used that last time from Turkey to Canada and Michael had to drive to the airport to collect it as that was as close as they could get in the time limit.

Anyway, the moulding company found an error on one of the parts and need to tweak it, so it's going to take a little longer :(

Come on! We've been waiting for so long and this "error" means case rebuild - so add another couple of weeks. And you want to save 36 hours. It's nothing compared to delays we've had and to delays we're going to have. Just relax and have fun.

It probably won't be much of a delay (it's just a missing join on one part), I do wish we had done an SLA at the same time though, but never mind.

Back