Comments on the new website (openpandora.org)

I have IE 9 I dun't know if IE10 works on Windows 7...

by the way I tried to check the site on my Nintendo 3DS I could also not see the right side :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Linux Mint 13, Mate:

At Firefox, Chrome, Chromium page works ok.

At Midori, there is only 1st upper part of menu visible/clickable. No ani at all... and whole comp becomes slow and laggy...

Probably because of lack of flash-support.

OK, tiny number of people use Midori, t does not support many things and so on. I just had to report it.

Do not use Pandora to look Pandora Official Page :)

I wish Microsoft would just stop making web browsers.

Linux Mint 13, Mate:

At Firefox, Chrome, Chromium page works ok.

At Midori, there is only 1st upper part of menu visible/clickable. No ani at all... and whole comp becomes slow and laggy...

Probably because of lack of flash-support.

OK, tiny number of people use Midori, t does not support many things and so on. I just had to report it.

Do not use Pandora to look Pandora Official Page :)

Not due to lack of flash support. The site doesn't work in webkitgtk. Which is sad.

ED, I'd maybe change or remove the text "If you use low power mode you can even reach 20 hours of use, a world first on a portable computer." on http://www.openpando...a.org/#!battery

Some users of the good old HP 100LX and 200LX might be angry about that. The HP Palmtops lasted several weeks on one set of batteries (yes, also when in use)... ;-)

I've had one of my pandoras in suspend mode for several weeks as well and still had 30% battery life.. I think the claim is solid.

ED, I'd maybe change or remove the text "If you use low power mode you can even reach 20 hours of use, a world first on a portable computer." on http://www.openpando...a.org/#!battery

Some users of the good old HP 100LX and 200LX might be angry about that. The HP Palmtops lasted several weeks on one set of batteries (yes, also when in use)... ;-)

I can vouch for that :) But the Pandora is, indeed, unique amongst modern devices.

As an aside, the first computers that came with the "laptop" moniker on them, the likes of Epson HX-20 and TRS-80 model 100, and by all means dear old Clives Z88, also managed weeks of use on a single set of batteries. For some reason, the idea of portable computing as being not tethered to the wall via a charger disappeared sometime in the 90s...

I'd rather change the shop software to not display that string "There are no products", but instead e.g. "Please choose a category" or even a direct link 'Click here to see the Category "Consoles"', because otherwise people may miss the other subcategories of the shop, where they can buy accessories etc.

But I agree, that this string is not good. I also stumbled across this while navigating the links.

oh right I thought based on your comments above that you like to use I.E.
It is the browser I use the most, because I only use chrome to watch movies and stuff like that I dont really like IE9 but I destroyed my GUI of chrome cause of a bug, now I cant add anything to the favs or any other thing I can only type sites on the search bar XD

Back