How Will Openpandora.org Evolve?

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
Well as the pandora will arrive, a simple page like the openpandora.org website is now will not be enough to attract loads of new customers.

We need a site with news, that is categorised under games, firmware, apps, and stuff like that.
A download section, a pictures and video gallery, maby a review system, and ofcource a good app store that will also be accessable on PC.
And more fancy page graphics.
This way people would be more attracted to the pandora console.

The page as it is now, is good because the pandora is not released yet.
But if the pandora is out, and people could order them and check openpandora.org, they can only wow at the pictures and specs.
not take a glimp to a "featured app" screenshot, icon, description, or whatever.

Who agrees?
Ofcource the final judgement is on the OP team, who does all the work for us.

I think this would be a good move, especially considering how much stuff there will be to show off on open-pandora.org when the Pandora is actually released :D

I think we should have featured stuff, maybe in some sort of community spotlight.
You're totally right, BorgQueen, the reviews and videos all sound brilliant.

The website will need to have more promotional stuff and featured content. I believe one issue here is that the team is quite busy. Maybe it would be a good move for them to get some more help on the website... I know they seem to like doing everything by themselve (craig doing the "Appstore", Evildragon taking care of the website...) but they are limtied in ressource.

Beside the website I believe a good a good promotional video will do some good. Don't get me wrong the video from EvilDragon are already great but they need something a bit more catchy to get attention from outsider IMO.
A short video (1-2min) introducting the Pandora feature, the Linux OS, the Appstore. I could imagine the video starting with the pandora logo and having different thing coming out of the cube. Don't know just an idea...

im glad everyone so far agrees.
A video showing pandora from different camera views, and quickly showing some emulators, apps, desktop and stuff will be brilliant to attract new people.
And the idead that i gave ofocurce.

Its just that the current page will not really get me exited as a real product page would look like. See all latest technoloy devices, they all got a pretty good eyecandy based website.

i think a website refresh when the pandoras first batch has all been shipped to get in the 2nd batchers we need to show off what it can do. a more press oriented style as seen with movies and products.
bit like the official GP2x website, the community here will deal with things like reviews, downloads etc. i think some very focused video showing what it can do is more needed rather than critasising the product pandora website needs to sell its product.

we need somethign bad ass

Trevsweb said:
i think a website refresh when the pandoras first batch has all been shipped to get in the 2nd batchers we need to show off what it can do. a more press oriented style as seen with movies and products.
bit like the official GP2x website, the community here will deal with things like reviews, downloads etc. i think some very focused video showing what it can do is more needed rather than critasising the product pandora website needs to sell its product.

we need somethign bad ass

I think the second and maybe even third batch will easily be filled without additional advertising. Personally I trust in the Blog team to the job. I really like the idea of an independent institution the Community Blog represents :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a couple thousand unboxing videos should tackle it.

By using anything other than Joomla, http://www.open-pandora.org/ would instantly improve by several orders of magnitude. I mean srsly guys, do you still live in the 200th decade or what?

Like I always say: When in doubt, use Drupal, otherwise, use Wordpress.

dflemstr said:
By using anything other than Joomla, http://www.open-pandora.org/ would instantly improve by several orders of magnitude. I mean srsly guys, do you still live in the 200th decade or what?

Like I always say: When in doubt, use Drupal, otherwise, use Wordpress.

Sooo... they should undoubtly use wordpress? :p

WizardStan said:
Tokiopop said:
By training it up to level 16 of course!
B button! B BUTTON!

F5! F5!

Level Up!
You are now a level 100 grand master lurker all-star!

Acquired ability "1 finger death blow"!

Strength +5
Agility -10
Speed -10
Dexterity +10
Ass +10lbs

Me, I think it'll evolve a snout. Yes, a snout and maybe hooves. Definitely snout and hooves.

As for a chitin shell, it won't happen in a million years. Literally.

epicfailcalculusfailm.jpg

Back