Completed Pandora Pics

TaG said:
GunPei2X said:
We've already preordered, I for one don't need to see anything else until the day it ships.
I don't need to see anything either. I'd like updates that help confirm progress towards shipping. I prefer the effort to go towards completion first, and any extra time can be put towards these 'teasers'. It is nice when software devs, eg Notaz, Zodttd, show the results of their efforts.

Agreed, but to a greater extent in the sense that we're (well, 3,800 of us at least) no longer just bystanders in this project, i.e., looking from the outside in, but a part of it. We're all "officially" consumers, and with my wallet now $400 lighter, I would very much like to see a working version of the product I just bought.

That being said, I've waited for months now, a week or so to see a prototope isn't a huge deal. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Agreed, but to a greater extent in the sense that we're (well, 3,800 of us at least) no longer just bystanders in this project, i.e., looking from the outside in, but a part of it. We're all "officially" consumers, and with my wallet now $400 lighter, I would very much like to see a working version of the product I just bought.

That being said, I've waited for months now, a week or so to see a prototope isn't a huge deal. :p
Just to nitpick, you were a consumer before, but now you are a customer.

On topic: If I had preordered (I'll get one from the second batch), I'd rather have my unit a day earlier, than see pictures of a finished pandora two days earlier. The pictures will come, but it will be best for everyone if the pandora team can work in the order they see fit.

That said, I can't wait to see pictures of a finished :pandora1:

I bet noone is more interested in seeing a final pandora more than ED, craig and co. It's their baby after all!

RedStar1949 said:
Ok, so it's WAY past the date that we were told we'd have pics... is there no update?
Maybe there was a problem with the prototype cases...

ingrin said:
RedStar1949 said:
Ok, so it's WAY past the date that we were told we'd have pics... is there no update?
They never committed to a date for this to my knowledge. Are you talking about the PCBs? They posted those a few days ago.
http://www.openpandora.org/blog.php

Yeah.. the newsletter has tricky wording (lawyer-like) that only refers to completed pictures of the PCBs. I didn't notice that until now.

everyone knew going in that this was being put together by a small production team. I've seen much larger, experienced companies have production issues. So far this thing is more or less on schedule from what i can gather...people, chill out and let them produce the damn thing.

adamorjames said:
ingrin said:
RedStar1949 said:
They never committed to a date for this to my knowledge. Are you talking about the PCBs? They posted those a few days ago.
http://www.openpandora.org/blog.php

Yeah.. the newsletter has tricky wording (lawyer-like) that only refers to completed pictures of the PCBs. I didn't notice that until now.

lawyer-like? not at all. I just re-read it and its very conversational (unlawyer-like) It does assume you have some knowledge of the components of a handheld device though. Its not tricky given the intended audience of the device I don't think.

The notion we will be seeing a completed unit was dispelled within the first few posts on this thread, so no one should have had their hopes up, especiall the OP. EvilDragon has indicated that,as of Oct 10th they still hadn't even finalized the last bit of the design (stylus slot), but that they did intend to Rapid Prototype one more unit at some point to help dispel concerns.

RedStar1949 said:
Maybe they've gone off with all your money for a holiday :eek:
Maybe you've all just bought pictures of the pcbs..? :eek:
Or maybe you should all go and do something else and be patient ;)

kevcal said:
RedStar1949 said:
Maybe they've gone off with all your money for a holiday :eek:
Maybe you've all just bought pictures of the pcbs..? :eek:
Or maybe you should all go and do something else and be patient ;)
With that much money they could go on vacation for a very very long time.

Wonslung said:
everyone knew going in that this was being put together by a small production team. I've seen much larger, experienced companies have production issues. So far this thing is more or less on schedule from what i can gather...people, chill out and let them produce the damn thing.

+1

Wonslung said:
+1

If you look at the Pandora Dev Updates thread that Chip made, we've had an update on average once every three days or less. The longest time we've gone without updates is 9 days. We're going on 8 days, so I can understand people getting a little antsy. However even if we pass the 9th, I'd say the Pandora team has done an awesome job so far keeping us informed. When there is something to report, it'll be reported.

Back