Compo4all poll July (Poll Ended!)

Choose your favorite games (multiple choice allowed - private voting)

• DigDug

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Millipede

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Missile Command

Votes: 5 26.3%

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Rolling Thunder - continues

• Yie-Ar Kung Fu

• Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja - continues

• Rastan - continues

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Terra Cresta

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Circus Charlie

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Amidar

• Pengo

• Pooyan

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

How about just add them all, then?

With the ones getting 4 or more votes there are now six.  You HAD a target of five, plus a surprise.  So, six plus a surprise should be okay.

I think I like the idea from Jumpman better ;)  

We just need one more vote for Amidar and then we can close the poll   :)  

Just kidding around Kumaki, I think Pengo and Rolling Thunder are nice games too. I don't really mind what is chosen, and if my favorites will not happen this month maybe next.  

If the tie is not solved by Friday it is up to Jumpman to decide (he volunteered a few posts ago). He is one of the most active players so we can be sure what he picks will be played. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I am getting DigDug, 1942, and Terra Cresta, so there's good for me...and if we get Amidar, that's terrif, too.  Then that's four plus possible five on the surprise game.

Could igve a care less about "Bad Dudes" - those who know MY tastes know how impressed I would be with a game like that...but, hey, how can I complain if three, four, or even five out of six are all good ones for me?

Great work so far, b_o_b

Any chance to get Missle Command and Millipede on the list for next month, since they obviously are not going to win this month?

Actually, out of the 4 point, four way tie we currently have going, Amidar would be my first choice. Well, actually Rolling Thunder would be my first, but as I've stated before, that needs the "continue" issue fixed before that should be added.

Pengo has never been that fun to me and Yie-Ar-Kung Fu is a fighting game, and I also have a problem with these being in Compo as well. Although it isn't a traditional 2 player VS. game, I still don't think it would be that great. Amidar has great classic gameplay that is geared towards high score play, and is very unique in regards to what we already have.

Amidar +1

Now if Pooyan or Millipede get one more vote, then my choice won't be as easy.

Chris

Any chance to get Missle Command and Millipede on the list for next month, since they obviously are not going to win this month?
Yep. Every game that is not chosen this month will get another chance next month. 

If the situation will not change by Friday it will be Amidar then. 

As much as I love Millipede, it occurs to me that it's worth noting that it has a lesser form of 'continues' inbuilt - a series of score waypoints that when passed allow you to start a new game from an ever higher opening score. It's not as bad as continues that allow you to pick up exactly where you died, because unless you're a good player you'll hit a difficulty wall eventually anyway and never reach the next opening waypoint to restart from, but it does allow you to 'restart' with all lives intact from an ever higher opening score if you're persistent ;)

So I'm not sure what my point is, other than this feature might be worth bearing in mind but not so much it disqualifies the game from inclusion eventually...

One can start not from zero, but a score waypoint, true enough...but I do not think they get the Bonus score unless they complete that first wave, dunno.

Might be worth considering...maybe a way to throw a monkey-wrench into the possibility of anyone starting from other than scratch...meaning special software to be written for it, so maybe yeah, inclusion not so good at the moment...but I'd take Missile Command in it's place!!

As much as I love Millipede, it occurs to me that it's worth noting that it has a lesser form of 'continues' inbuilt - a series of score waypoints that when passed allow you to start a new game from an ever higher opening score. It's not as bad as continues that allow you to pick up exactly where you died, because unless you're a good player you'll hit a difficulty wall eventually anyway and never reach the next opening waypoint to restart from, but it does allow you to 'restart' with all lives intact from an ever higher opening score if you're persistent ;)

So I'm not sure what my point is, other than this feature might be worth bearing in mind but not so much it disqualifies the game from inclusion eventually...
Several Atari games worked this same way. Tempest works in this fashion as well I believe.

Even though you can continue from a later point in the game, the score resets right? As long as the score restarts, this is fine by me, as any further starting point is stepping in to a more "difficult" game. Since we are all playing for score and not distance, I have no problem with this feature. If the score doesn't reset, Amidar will win by default.

Chris

The score doesn't reset to 0 (unless you choose that), you get the choice of starting from ever higher score waypoints reached (at an appropriate difficulty level for that score). So if you just keep hammering the game you can afford to lose a few lives to reach the next waypoint to restart from, because you'll get your lives at an ever higher starting score.

It's not as bad as continues though, because it will become ever harder to reach the next waypoint, and all you'll end up doing (depending on skill level) is getting the chance to keep restarting at the highest waypoint you have reached until you quit the game.

The score doesn't reset to 0 (unless you choose that), you get the choice of starting from ever higher score waypoints reached (at an appropriate difficulty level for that score). So if you just keep hammering the game you can afford to lose a few lives to reach the next waypoint to restart from, because you'll get your lives at an ever higher starting score.

It's not as bad as continues though, because it will become ever harder to reach the next waypoint, and all you'll end up doing (depending on skill level) is getting the chance to keep restarting at the highest waypoint you have reached until you quit the game.
Mmmmmm, it sounds like Amidar is still going to be my first choice(at least until the "one" credit fix can be applied).

Chris

OK, poll ended. Thanks all for voting.  

I will ask Skeezix to add the following games (and the secret game)  

1942 (10 votes [16.13%])

DigDug (9 votes [14.52%])

Terra Cresta (6 votes [9.68%])

Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja - continues (5 votes [8.06%])

Amidar (4 votes [6.45%]) / thanks Chris for making the hard decision :)  

5 games with 4 votes that didn't make it (maybe next month..) 

Pengo (4 votes [6.45%])

Millipede (4 votes [6.45%])

Missile Command (4 votes [6.45%])

Roll ing Thunder - continues (4 votes [6.45%])

Yie-Ar Kung Fu (4 votes [6.45%])

Pooyan (3 votes [4.84%])

Circus Charlie (3 votes [4.84%])

Rastan - continues (2 votes [3.23%])

Back