Compo4all poll July (Poll Ended!)

Choose your favorite games (multiple choice allowed - private voting)

• DigDug

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Millipede

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Missile Command

Votes: 5 26.3%

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Rolling Thunder - continues

• Yie-Ar Kung Fu

• Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja - continues

• Rastan - continues

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Terra Cresta

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Circus Charlie

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Amidar

• Pengo

• Pooyan

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Just had a quick go on a couple of the new games added this evening, and FYI -

Amidar appears twice in the C4A games list, I played a game on the second (lower) one and registered a score, the score doesn't appear when the first (higher) Amidar button is pushed..

Indeed and 1942 appears to be missing. Both issues might be related and I notified Skeezix. I have just played one game of all other new games (except those already played by Asmo) and all high scores are registered :)  

I might, but I have to be honest, I really really like the old stuff, and ORIGINAL.
Then stop using emulators IMMEDIATELY xDGo buy an arcade cabinet and a bunch of PCB and start playing those games the way they were designed to be played!

[/troll]

Something odd happening with Dig Dug for me - I got a score registered earlier, (17440 iirc), then later on I played and got a lower score, but it didn't show up in the 'recent activity' log. Then I played another round, and got a score of 19980 which would normally replace my score (2nd place below Jumpman) but it didn't - and it didn't show up in the recent activity log either.

Funny thing is, all my scores show up in the high score table in the game itself whenever it's played (ie all my previous scores are saved, including the ones that didn't register in c4a), so I'm wondering if in order to register another score I might need to delete the game's high score file...

Jumpman, have you played another game and noticed similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem with the double Amidar entry is solved by Skeezix. One of the Amidar entries is replaced by 1942. Just did a quick test and score is registered.  

Weirdness - I played another game of Dig Dug after the monthly reset, and as I expected it didn't register. All my previous scores still show within the in-game score table though, so I thought the problem might be resolved by deleting the .hi file and trying again - but there is no hi score file in the c4a mame hi folder...

If theres no hi file, it could be an nvram save .. I'm not handling those yet

(No free time at all right now.. Babies totally killing us :0)

Yeah, that was the problem. Deleted the nvram file and played, score registered again.

So heads up to any Dig Dug players, make sure you delete the digdug.nv file in the nvram folder before you start c4aMame (every time if you've previously played it), or your score won't register.

If anyone fancies trying Pinball Action, you'll probably want to change the default controls, I'd suggest:

P1 Button 1 left (left on dpad) (left flipper)

P1 Button 2 end (B button) (right flipper)

P1 Button 3 pgdn (X button) (Ball launch)

P1 Button 4 pgup (Y button) (tilt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back