Connecting camera

fragmage

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'm going on a backpacking trip to Australia in December so I got a camera among other stuff.

And what better than to bring your Pandora to write logs and upload photo's right? :)

So I got a Canon Powershot A1200 but my Pandora doesn't recognize when it's connected by USB.

I run the firmware from an SD card and got another in slot 2 with Midori on it so it's kinda hard to take one of those cards out...

Does anyone know how I can get my Pandora to see my camera over USB?

Nothing's good as an OP ^^.

Did you tried your camera on a computer usb port ?

Did you tried to activate different usb settings on your camera ?

Does "sudo lsusb" shows anything ?

Does dmesg shows anything ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Connecting it to my computer works, it automatically opens a window for the camera.

When connected to my Pandora:

With lsusb:

It shows a device id and Canon, Inc.

With dmesg:

It shows it found a new usb device, shows its a Canon Digital Camera and a serialnumber.

But it doesn't show up in the file explorer.

Did you installed a driver on your comp ?

With "sudo lsusb -v", find the line that shows the current draw from your camera.

Do you have a dmesg line with /dev/sda or something like this ?

If the option exists on the camera, can you set it to MSC (sometimes written as "UMS") mode? Some cameras don't use this by default, leaving them usable only with Microsoft Windows. (I have one of these, and annoyingly it cannot be changed, unlike the model that was its predecessor, meaning that I can't connect it to any of my computers and the only option is to take out the SD Card to retrieve pictures.)

That's weird :/

---EDIT :

Oh, one thing you can do while a solution is found is to put your needed apps on the camera's SD...

I do it the opposite way. I pull my second SD (32GB) and drop it in my camera when I need to take pictures, because I'm usually not using my pandora and camera at the same time :)

Back