Convince Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary13579, Yoyobuae, and Jourdy288, Thank you for your suggestions. They are appreciated. Does anybody know if the Pandora will support Flash? That's a feature I specifically noticed was lacking on Apple's handhelds.

second exodous, I heard about it "over a yeah" ago and have been checking up on it every month or so, which is why I understand that it could still be a very long wait.

second exodus, Consequence9, and calc84maniac, thank you for the information on shipping. I'll see if I can email about information on the first batch. I know damn well not to ask an ETA on anything around here, lest I be barraged with posts demanding I learn how to search. I keep hearing that they'll be done when they're done. How reassuring...

-Tj- said:
- Pandora will be out soon,

Do you have a reliable source for this brave assumption? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the Pandora and iPhone will have flash; eventually. How soon is eventually? No one knows.

Edit: If the N900's flash isn't full of dynamically linked proprietary libraries, we could have it as soon as the device launches. But until then, it's up to Adobe to release a free flash player we can use.

Pleng said:
-Tj- said:
- Pandora will be out soon,

Do you have a reliable source for this brave assumption? :p
"Two Months"...? :lol: that's "soon" right? Kidding. I should have said "Pandora will be out soon... hopefully"

Gary13579 said:
Both the Pandora and iPhone will have flash; eventually. How soon is eventually? No one knows.

Edit: If the N900's flash isn't full of dynamically linked proprietary libraries, we could have it as soon as the device launches. But until then, it's up to Adobe to release a free flash player we can use.

I am not interested in the iPhone, only the iPod touch.

Which e-mail would I contact about getting a Pandora from the first batch? The "where to buy" listed several e-mail addresses and websites for contact. I am located in the United States.

Gary13579 said:
The iPhone + iControlPad will be bulky and still pretty limited. Not to mention, the on screen keyboard is annoying. Having the hardware keyboard will be awesome.

Plus, Pandora will be able to do anything the iPhone/iPod Touch can. Including SMS and phone calls (oops, ignore that :) )

I would not completely discount SMS and making phone calls. Afterall, Skype may be a reasonable application within time and there is only time in this world for someone to write an application capable of sending SMS within the .pnd environment. With the advent of the iPhone (iCrap) world and the endless apps that people have produced for that overpriced piece of junk (personal opinion/observation of course), I believe the sky is the limit for what we might see. Afterall, I remember it was only 6 or so months ago people were considering N64 an impossibility but look at the progress that has been made. I hope to see a strong support base growing for the newly released project much like the Google Android received.

craigix and co are probably going to be prioritizing Pandora over iControlPad until the former is out. So I don't expect that iControlPad will be released first. So you'll be stuck waiting for it anyway. May as well go for the Pandora.

Eternalodyssey said:
Afterall, I remember it was only 6 or so months ago people were considering N64 an impossibility

No they weren't. Where are you guys getting this idea?

Exophase said:
craigix and co are probably going to be prioritizing Pandora over iControlPad until the former is out. So I don't expect that iControlPad will be released first. So you'll be stuck waiting for it anyway. May as well go for the Pandora.

Sounds like a deal breaker to me.

And yes -Tj-, I think I am. =]

tdude51 said:
Gary13579 said:

I am not interested in the iPhone, only the iPod touch.

Which e-mail would I contact about getting a Pandora from the first batch? The "where to buy" listed several e-mail addresses and websites for contact. I am located in the United States.

I clump iPod Touch and iPhone in the same category. If the iPhone gets Flash, chances are the iPod Touch will get it too.

Eternalodyssey said:
I would not completely discount SMS and making phone calls. Afterall, Skype may be a reasonable application within time and there is only time in this world for someone to write an application capable of sending SMS within the .pnd environment. With the advent of the iPhone (iCrap) world and the endless apps that people have produced for that overpriced piece of junk (personal opinion/observation of course), I believe the sky is the limit for what we might see. Afterall, I remember it was only 6 or so months ago people were considering N64 an impossibility but look at the progress that has been made. I hope to see a strong support base growing for the newly released project much like the Google Android received.

*COUGH COUGH*

In all seriousness, you won't be getting Skype anytime soon, but I've hinted at SMS a few times... will be US only, unfortunately.

I thought they have only just made the new Icontrolpad so wouldn't it take a while a few months anyway. I want to get a ipod touch for Christmas cause I hear Zodttd is making a N64 emulator but it'll be wierd having 2 devices with the same controls.

tdude51 said:
And yes -Tj-, I think I am. =]
Great! I feel you've made an informed decision. Hope you can get your order in. :)

WoD said:
Jourdy288 said:
*Open Development

Jailbreaking.

Yeah, but it kinda defeats the purpose...

WoD said:
Jourdy288 said:
*Free Stuff

Jailbreaking.
I'd consider it unethical to do that so that I could steal apps that people are trying to make a living off of. It's unlikely that they will in the first place, of course, but let's let them realize that for themselves, rather using "them jailbreakin' pirates" as a scapegoat. I wouldn't mind jailbreaking to use homebrew stuff Apple rejects, free apps, etc., but ATM I won't be buying an iPhone until I find one at Goodwill.

WoD said:
Jourdy288 said:
*Longer Shelf Life

Jailbreaking.
Not if it explodes first. Call me crazy but I wouldn't be shocked if Apple sends some sort of signal to self-destruct all iStuff when they want to sell something new. Farfetched, but they can do it...

WoD said:
Jourdy288 said:
*It's Cooler

By whose standards?

The one's that matter.

Jourdy288 said:
WoD said:
Jourdy288 said:
*Free Stuff

Jailbreaking.
I'd consider it unethical to do that so that I could steal apps that people are trying to make a living off of. It's unlikely that they will in the first place, of course, but let's let them realize that for themselves, rather using%2

Cydia.

WoD said:
Jourdy288 said:
WoD said:
Jourdy288 said:
*Free Stuff

Jailbreaking.
I'd consider it unethical to do that so that I could steal apps that people are trying to make a living off of. It's unlikely that they will in the first place, of course, but let's let them realize that for themselves, rather using%2

Cydia.
I don't know what that means, perhaps if you got DSL you could manage to send more than one word at a time down the ol' tubes.
Is jailbreaking also the magical solution to not having a USB port, and getting fingerprints all over the screen and back of the device every time you use it?

Unfathomable Depths said:
I can't wait till the real newbs get here :)
Roast.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back