COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the UK it's very simple, anti-vaxers are by-and-large those who did not vote for the incumbent conservative government and are anti-everything Boris says.
That's pretty amazing, but I guess not that surprising, when you consider that in the US, support for the vaccine was significantly higher among Republicans than Democrats before the November 2020 election.

On my first shot they tell me not to drink alkohol and dont make sports now, i dont drink alkohol usually, and at the moment i cant make sports, or at least not regular sports but my Silly Walk costs me that much Energie like Sports,
the second shot will be befor my Work, so it might be a bit difficult whit the "No Sports"..

That's pretty amazing, but I guess not that surprising, when you consider that in the US, support for the vaccine was significantly higher among Republicans than Democrats before the November 2020 election.
Are you sure that's the right way round? Because that seems a little backwards from what I've heard, which is red states like Alabama have much higher rates of vaccine refusal than blue states.

Personally I'm anti Boris but pro science, so I'm not an anti-vaccer and have both of my vaccines injected some weeks ago. I don't blame Boris for locking down the country, I blame him for stuff like backing Priti Patel against official reports of her bullying colleagues, and for not locking down early enough when it could have been the most effective, and the whole putting infectious older people back into care homes so they could pass the virus on.

In the UK it's very simple, anti-vaxers are by-and-large those who did not vote for the incumbent conservative government and are anti-everything Boris says.

But being anti-everything you lose credibility fast. I don't have any time for people who still say covid is a hoax or refuse to wear masks. These people probably don't have anyone they care about affected by covid because they have few or no friends. Sorry if i'm describing you / get a life. Personally, I enjoy society and will wear a mask and get vaxed because it's a small sacrifice and ultimately I'm being selfish in wanting normal life back asap.

Well, you're describing me - I didn't vote for this govt, disagree largely with what the govt is doing (as any sane person would, given their handling of the pandemic) but I'm double jabbed and wear a mask in every appropriate indoor space so... Yeah, you got that wrong. I'd say that in my personal experience the people who did vote for the current govt are the ones shouting about lockdowns and masks and having their freedoms removed from them - the kinds of people who wear the shoes above.

I'm anti Boris but pro science
I'm anti-science because it's constantly being revised and too often is bandied around as gospel. I'm pro-empiricism and pro-pragmatism. I believe it's unlikely that the decline in deaths in the UK were caused by anything other than vaccines so i'm pro-vax (subject to change any second)

Well, you're describing me
Sorry to be elitist but my generalizations don't include you because the typical intelligence of members of this forum is far above average. IMHO!

Last edited:
97percentscientists.jpg
Source: Wilson Edwards - Swiss Biologist

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rSl
Vaccinated (at least one dose) or not, contaminated persons are equally contagious. And vaccinated people have a greater viral load when infected (17:20):

In addition to the stomach pain and nausea I’ve had today from eating too much pizza, I’ve also had a runny nose. Think it could be the rona delter?
Post automatically merged:

I should note, my therapist that I saw on Monday says he’s unvaccinated. Doesn’t wear a mask either. He better not have given me the rona delter.

When you eat your throat has to produce extra goo to help make the food go down your throat. It's not too much of a step from there to your sinuses where that goo has a specific term, snot. It's not uncommon to need to blow your nose after a meal.

You mean like this example?
"In the scientific papers which considered climate trends of the 21st century, less than 10% were inclined towards future cooling, while most papers predicted future warming" => So the consensus was still for global warming.
However, "Global Warming" could cause localised cooling. For instance, it will cause the Gulf Stream to disappear which could lead to a massive cooling in western Europe. That's one of the reason why scientist now prefer using the "climate change" term that more accurately reflects what people everywhere will face.

Vaccinated (at least one dose) or not, contaminated persons are equally contagious. And vaccinated people have a greater viral load when infected (17:20):
Studies so far tend to point at at lower risk of contamination for vaccinated people. So even if vaccinated people are equally contagious when contaminated, they are less likely to be contaminated. So vaccination still lowers the risk.
As for the viral load, many studies tend to show that it's similar between unvaccinated and vaccinated people (with Delta variant). Studies from hospitalized patients (as is the case here) will tend to show a higher load for vaccinated people because the vaccination protects from the effects of the virus so it takes a higher load to send them to the hospital.

Studies from hospitalized patients (as is the case here) will tend to show a higher load for vaccinated people because the vaccination protects from the effects of the virus so it takes a higher load to send them to the hospital.
That.
People mostly forget to see the context.

So my daughter still tested positive so she has to stay in the quarantine facility for another 3 days. They skipped her test a few days because they didn't have enough... She is getting the foreigner treatment. Koreans think if they want to compete with Japan they have to pretend they are the master race too. Good luck with that. Just let her out you assholes. She is being denied fresh air.

blow your nose after a meal.
Wasabi, a good roti or a good curry or anything thai (that a Thay says is "don't worry, it's not hot at all")... then sure. It also opens up your sinuses, your co-sinuses and your tangents...

localised cooling.
But localized cooling is not Global cooling, now is it? A bit feeble argument. But still thank you for replying.

As for "so it takes a higher load to send them to the hospital." do you mean that vaccinated people just are better superspreaders, just refusing to go to the hospital and walking around, feeling entitled to, spreading their viral load? ;)

As for "so it takes a higher load to send them to the hospital." do you mean that vaccinated people just are better superspreaders, just refusing to go to the hospital and walking around, feeling entitled to, spreading their viral load? ;)
Not particularly superspreaders, but they can spread the virus just like unvaccinated people. So there's definitely a risk of vaccinated people acting like they can't get contaminated and spreading the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back