Craigamp 3.0 Final

Kag said:
* Another minor bug, sometimes changing clock speed kills the sound totally. Not sure about this if it is just my GP2X cause i dropped it a couple of times :X
I also get this bug^^^^, the player also freezes if you try to exit the player after this bug happens(for me at least). I've never dropped my GP2X :p

Don't know if these have been reported but:
  • I was skipping through some songs and they all sounded fine, then I stopped at one song and listened to the whole thing without a glitch, however when I attempted to go back to the previous song, it now sounded as if Alvin and the Chipmunks were singing it ;) , meaning it sounded like it was stuck on FF or something. Had to restart the player for it to go back to normal.
  • Another bug I got, with ONE particular songs is that it always plays it in slow-motion for some reason....The GMU player was never able to play it all, but this one like I mentioned, plays it very slowly. MP3 format BTW, for all the songs mentioned.
  • Also the songs seem to play as if in "Shuffle Mode" sometimes, without shuffle mode actually being selected. This happens every so often.
  • And last bug ;) , it shows the wrong playing times for several songs.
Sorry if these have been mentioned before and thanks again Craig :)

EDIT: "Inserted list" so that it would be easier for you to read.

EDIT 2: All of these bugs happened while at 100mhz, don't know if that matters, I really don't try anything else.

DBH said:
Hmm is there no solution to this Left, Right channel problem then? Not entirely sure if it's the wiring of my GP2X or the actually firmware like you were saying, does anyone have this problem in FW 3.0.0 ?
I would have this problem often, with FW 2.0.0, but it only occurred when playing Streets of Rage 1 in Picodrive(last version before MegaCD/MD got combined), it stopped happening with future versions of PD, even though it was the same ROM.

Never had this problem with other roms/emulators/movies/music though and I haven't tested SOR1 using 2.1.1(what I'm currently on) or 3.0.0 yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

theres a possibility that im going to have problems setting up internet connection sharing with the 2x (not sure if it needs it, id assume it does)

when i try to turn on internet connection sharing it wants to make my pc's ip address 192.168.0.1 , ive reset my routers ip and various other ips on my network and windows comes back with an error saying the ip is reserved (it isnt).

im thinking maybe this is why i cannot get internet radio working but i could be wrong.

[off topic]

You are setting it up wrong, the ICS wizard will need to set the IP adress of the GP2X interface (shows up as Local Area Connection 3 for me) to 192.168.0.1 and your normal IP address should remain the same, the IP on your GP2X should be set as 192.168.0.x (where x is something between 2 and 254). A good way to test your GP2X's network connection is with sterm : ping 192.168.0.1 will ping your PC and will let you know if the GP2X and the PC are talking : ping google.com to see if the GP2X will see the internet.

I have not used a stream from the net, but I did succesfully play some tunes off my PC using Samba, so I am guessing it should work, if set-up correctly.
[/off topic]

Great music player craigix! I don't really use my GP2X as a music player, but I would use this over the standard player anyday!

Ahh another bug :)

Whenever I go into Picodrive(latest version) and play a game(Sonic 3 in this case) and get out to start up CraigAmp, the volume is wayyyy low, even at the highest setting available.

Restarting CraigAmp doesn't fix this, however restarting the GP2X does and for some reason starting another emu(GPFCE latest version) fixes the volume in CraigAmp also.

BTW is there any way to keep a song from automatically starting once CraigAmp is launched?

yodaofborg said:
[off topic]

You are setting it up wrong, the ICS wizard will need to set the IP adress of the GP2X interface (shows up as Local Area Connection 3 for me) to 192.168.0.1 and your normal IP address should remain the same, the IP on your GP2X should be set as 192.168.0.x (where x is something between 2 and 254). A good way to test your GP2X's network connection is with sterm : ping 192.168.0.1 will ping your PC and will let you know if the GP2X and the PC are talking : ping google.com to see if the GP2X will see the internet.

I have not used a stream from the net, but I did succesfully play some tunes off my PC using Samba, so I am guessing it should work, if set-up correctly.
[/off topic]
Great music player craigix! I don't really use my GP2X as a music player, but I would use this over the standard player anyday!

thanks for replying about my problem, am i supposed to put the gp2x on 192.168.0.1 ?
i wont be able to get that working since thats my routers ip and im not changing it again...
i set it up like it says in the wiki (and the connection shows up in windows and i can telnet the 2x) i used this ip "10.1.0.2" as mentioned here http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Tcp/ip_over_usb .

"You are setting it up wrong, the ICS wizard will need to set the IP adress of the GP2X interface to 192.168.0.1 and your normal IP address should remain the same, the IP on your GP2X should be set as 192.168.0.x (where x is something between 2 and 254). "

i am confused.

n said:
Also the songs seem to play as if in "Shuffle Mode" sometimes, without shuffle mode actually being selected. This happens every so often.

^ Could you explain this bug a little better?

I know there seem to be odd quirks at 100mhz for some reason, i'm going to look into it.

craigix said:
n said:
Also the songs seem to play as if in "Shuffle Mode" sometimes, without shuffle mode actually being selected. This happens every so often.

^ Could you explain this bug a little better?

I know there seem to be odd quirks at 100mhz for some reason, i'm going to look into it.

Sure :)

Well say the songs are laid out as so:

Chevelle - Don't Fake This
Chevelle - Well Enough Alone
Cursive - The Great Decay
Cursive - A Gentleman Caller
Disturbed - Overburdened
Eve 6 - Think Twice
Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

The list is alphabetical order, not all jumbled up like it would be by pressing "Y" to go into "shuffle" mode.

So naturally, after "Chevelle - Don't Fake This" the song that should play afterwards is "Chevelle - Well Enough Alone", however sometimes it doesn't play the song right after it and goes ahead and skips to a completely out of order song.

Sometimes its a random song before "Chevelle - Don't Fake This" or sometimes its a random song after it.

Hope that explains it :)

There's never a specific time that it happens, it just happens out of nowhere, with different songs.
Scratch that!

I was testing some more and realized when this bug seems to happen.

It happens when you start up CraigAmp and you allow it to play the song you last left off at all the way through, after you let the song finish, the next song that it plays is completely random and out of order.

ALSO it continues to play in this "shuffle" bug mode until you choose a song yourself, instead of letting it keep on playing by itself.

After choosing your song "manually" it starts playing everything in order again :)

Hope that all made sense :)

had timidity installed on my sd already but still cant get midi to work (?)

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks

Samba Pa Ti said:
yodaofborg said:
[off topic]

[/off topic]

thanks for replying about my problem, am i supposed to put the gp2x on 192.168.0.1 ?
i wont be able to get that working since thats my routers ip and im not changing it again...
i set it up like it says in the wiki (and the connection shows up in windows and i can telnet the 2x) i used this ip "10.1.0.2" as mentioned here http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Tcp/ip_over_usb .

"You are setting it up wrong, the ICS wizard will need to set the IP adress of the GP2X interface to 192.168.0.1 and your normal IP address should remain the same, the IP on your GP2X should be set as 192.168.0.x (where x is something between 2 and 254). "

i am confused.

If your routers IP address is 192.168.0.1, this is where your problem lies - you can in theory use 192.168.1.1 on the PC, but getting that to work can be a pain, as when you run the internet connection sharing wizard, it will attempt to set the Local area connection (Probably local area connection 2, if you only have one NIC) to 192.168.0.1 and fail. You could try manually assign the adapter to 192.168.1.1 then run the ICS wizard. You should have TWO newtwork adapters showing in the network connections area.

Samba Pa Ti said:

i am confused.

You need to set an IP address on the GP2X, and it needs to be in the same range as the Local area connection 2, so if you use 192.168.0.1, the gp2x needs to be something like 192.168.0.2, if you are using 192.168.1.1, your gp2x needs to be set to something like 192.168.1.2 (this is done on the menu).

I did try streaming an mp3 from the internet, it did start to play, but it was VERY choppy, so for this to work, craigamp would need to detect the fact that you are streaming, and increase the buffer size (or give this as an option). I didn't try varing bitrates, but it can not handle 128kbps CBR streamed, at least in my experience.

Sometimes its a random song before "Chevelle - Don't Fake This" or sometimes its a random song after it.

Was your cursor pointing to the song before that random song?
Cause it plays the next song of where your cursor pointing.

The weird song length and bitrate is not VBR it is both CBR and VBR

Kag said:
Was your cursor pointing to the song before that random song?
Cause it plays the next song of where your cursor pointing.

I thought it might have been that, but no unfortunately it wasn't.

It hasn't happened in awhile though, I can't seem to get it to happen anymore.

The bug stopped happening after I deleted a few songs and added some new ones, don't know if that really "fixed" it, but it seems it might have been something on my side. I'm so confused :blink:

Offtopic:
I think my batteries are dying on me, they can't even stay alive a few hours anymore while at 100mhz with CraigAmp, when before I used to be able to play a game at 260mhz for the same amount of time. They didn't even last as long as it said they would.

I can't get MIDI files to work. I have tidimity on the root, but my .mid files don't show up in the file browser.

i really love everythings of this stuff,
except one thing problem.
in "lock on" mode (after select,L & R),
when one track is finished and next track gets started,(no matter using L,L,L or R,R,R to go to next track..same result.)
it's stopped once for a moment and start again.
(sounds like some noise & glitch)
So I can't use CraigAmp when I go out.
I wanna this program anytime,anywhere.
Please fix this bug in next version:)

Back