Current status?

Norfen

Still Fresh
Anyone know how many Pandoras have been shipped out? Haven't been around the boards in awhile.

Isn't it time to update the current status page? (Last Updated on Sunday, 13 March 2011 23:21)

Not yet. The previous update took 40 days and the units produced count increased by 200. Not worth updating the page just to get the unit count to 2260...

Just keep busy building them :)

building a lot of premiums, if you didnt pay for one, you should wait until there are nobody else in the world that have 500$ to expend in it.

Sorry, but i will keep this hypothesis until they say that they limit number of premiums.

Isn't it time to update the current status page? (Last Updated on Sunday, 13 March 2011 23:21)

Not yet. The previous update took 40 days and the units produced count increased by 200. Not worth updating the page just to get the unit count to 2260...

200 from 40 days?!

That's less than 30 a week!

I thought that we were promised roughly 200/week!

Fuck. Excuse my language, but really: fuck. Not again.

I know it means a lot to you all as well, but for me the Pandora is something I _need_ right now.

I was bought it for my 18th a year ago and now I'm starting uni and I can't afford a netbook or notebook and...

Fuck.

"I was bought it for my 18th a year ago and now I'm starting uni and I can't afford a netbook or notebook and...

Fuck."

I share your sentiments, but i think i should add in quite a few more expletives as of today 26/3/2011 i'm at 876 days and still counting!

Last edited by a moderator:
i also see very little increase in speed in production, and very little people talking about their regular orders from 1st batch, but ill keep my hopes

200 from 40 days?!

I know it means a lot to you all as well, but for me the Pandora is something I _need_ right now.

I was bought it for my 18th a year ago and now I'm starting uni and I can't afford a netbook or notebook and...

Fuck.

I ordered Pandora a year and a half before uni started, and currently my second semester is 2 months from ending. Oh OP...

I'll continue to wait patiently though(never emailed asking for queue positions and stuff), but weekly updates would be nice.

building a lot of premiums, if you didnt pay for one, you should wait until there are nobody else in the world that have 500$ to expend in it.

Sorry, but i will keep this hypothesis until they say that they limit number of premiums.

This post from Evildragon contradicts the hypothesis.

200 from 40 days?!

That promise was based on the assumption that premium orders would fund extra staff to build more units. The post linked above suggests to me that the number of premium orders was lower than expected, which would make it unsustainable to have more staff on the production line.

i also see very little increase in speed in production, and very little people talking about their regular orders from 1st batch, but ill keep my hopes

Most of the people with pre-orders from the 1st batch probably don't visit the forums.

Another factor that may have slowed production is Craig's health. He posted on his twitter two weeks ago that he had bronchitis.

Anyone know how many Pandoras have been shipped out? Haven't been around the boards in awhile.

I have been wondering that myself. I see by the "Current Status" page that there have been

2200 units produced, but does not mention how many have been shipped. I am around 1800 on

the list to get mine, but have not received any email that I am receiving my Pandora. I read

where most or all of Batch 1 should be shipped by the end of March, so I am really hoping to

have mine in the next 2-3 weeks.

The order numbers are neither reliable and set in stone nor they can be set in a direct relationship to the number of built devices. Craig does not have the possibility to give exact order numbers without a big hassle so they are all just rough estimations, and then there are still other factors: ED gets every 4th built Pandora, these are not taken into consideration. Several people bought more than one unit, but they still have only a single position in the queue. Then there is a significant amount of one-nubbers, some units being kept for RMAs, and, of course, the premium units. There may still be several hundreds of people before you.

well, i really trust he, but in the website of openpandora, to buy a premium, they have 2 options, in craigix's shop, or in evildragon's. craigix is first written, and have a link to a website not just to an email. I guess if you want one, you will click and continue after from the link to other website, that write an email to the second option. Just to make an idea, craigix sold much more units that evildragon in the investors units (because yes, we were more like investors that costumers... but is crazy, we have de disadvantages of the investors taking a risk, and the disadvantages of the costumers, getting just what they told us we will get)

If with the premiums is happening the same and craigix is selling three times more, using the numbers of evildragon, it is, each 17, 6 premiums and 9 of the queue. And as we see, it is not speeding up the production... then... it is much more slower.

I am really tired of all this... if i could go back in the time... i will never buy a pandora.. now, it is just that i feel that if i take my money, it have less value that 3 years ago, and would make me even more stupid.

The order numbers are neither reliable and set in stone nor they can be set in a direct relationship to the number of built devices. Craig does not have the possibility to give exact order numbers without a big hassle so they are all just rough estimations, and then there are still other factors: ED gets every 4th built Pandora, these are not taken into consideration. Several people bought more than one unit, but they still have only a single position in the queue. Then there is a significant amount of one-nubbers, some units being kept for RMAs, and, of course, the premium units. There may still be several hundreds of people before you.

That may be a possiblity, but it does not matter to me at this point. I just want the Pandora. Hopefully some better numbers will come out

soon that will shed some light.

I am really tired of all this... if i could go back in the time... i will never buy a pandora.. now, it is just that i feel that if i take my money, it have less value that 3 years ago, and would make me even more stupid.

I know just how you feel, but I am used to it being an Atarian who waited even longer for some items to surface. I have learned to be patient...

200 from 40 days?!

Fuck.

+1

last year in november i thought the wait will finally ends by january or february.

now i learn that the rate is 30 a week

during almost 1 year, 1000 units (or less) have been shipped, i'm at the end of the 1st batch queue, so i have to wait 100 weeks whereas i was ready to receive it nexth month...?

Back