DBP repository

perfect. thanks.

I see that packages have long descriptions in the repo. Is this from the package [Desktop Entry] Comment or is it part of the upload process?
Part of the upload process for package description (as there's no field for this in the package entry).
For apps, untranslated "Comment" will be used by default as description, on 1rst upload. But you'll still be able to change this later from the repo edit pages.

Trying to install from the repo - I get the following error - Happens on all apps, seems all installs go to a directory I'm missing permissions...

Unable to create appdata directory / dragonbox/appdata/OpenTyrian_C4ALL
Make sure you have the system permissions to create this directory
Path: /home/twiitcher/Downloads/OpenTyrian_C4ALL-1.0.dpp
Package ID: OpenTyrian_C4ALL

Any help would be appreciated. I apologize in advance in my ignorance of Linux

Twiitcher

I apologize in advance in my ignorance of Linux

No Worries, DBP system is unique to the Pyra, although can be adapted to other systems easily.

do you have a /dragonbox/appdata directory on your SD card?

if not create one.

edit: looks like you're running from the internal storage, it's likely trying to create a directory on the / system that it doesn't have permission to. DBP was intended for use with external media, And there isn't an install process just copy the dbp to a directory on the SD card.

edit 2:
on an SD card create these directories.

dragonbox/appdata
dragonbox/packages <--- put dbp files here

just putting the dbp in that directory will put an item on the games menu tab, also gives you a link to launch opentyrian from command line.

Last edited:
May I request a dbp size mention somewhere?
Usually it's no issue for me but right now I'm on a data plan so right now size does matter:oops:

Also, I commented on two occassions, will I get a notification if/when there's replies on the comments? Will the DBP maintainer get a notification when a comment is made?

May I request a dbp size mention somewhere?
Usually it's no issue for me but right now I'm on a data plan so right now size does matter:oops:
It's available on the package page. on the apps page, click on the package button, then look down at the versions grid, size is visible there.

Also, I commented on two occassions, will I get a notification if/when there's replies on the comments? Will the DBP maintainer get a notification when a comment is made?
Nope

Screenshot_20210803_151828.png

Ah yes, it's a bit hidden... but it says size null

Yeah it's a known issue. It impact only dbp uploaded by ptitSeb since last friday : I made a specific upload solution for him (only visible/available to him and me for some reasons) that new upload method fail to feed that field in the database. I'll fix this in a few days (probably this weekend)

Last edited:
There is something i noticed: even if the DBP is not from me, i have the option to put a Screenshot to the DBPs, is this a bug or a Feature? i mean i could put any picture in...
Just like I (and a few others) can remove it if needed. Beside only logged in user can post screenshot, and that information is loged. So if a member missbehave, we'll know who/when... The mod team will strike as required
It's a feature. It's a community repo after all, the community have to contribute everywhere even with screenies :p

No Worries, DBP system is unique to the Pyra, although can be adapted to other systems easily.

do you have a /dragonbox/appdata directory on your SD card?

if not create one.

edit: looks like you're running from the internal storage, it's likely trying to create a directory on the / system that it doesn't have permission to. DBP was intended for use with external media, And there isn't an install process just copy the dbp to a directory on the SD card.

edit 2:
on an SD card create these directories.

dragonbox/appdata
dragonbox/packages <--- put dbp files here

just putting the dbp in that directory will put an item on the games menu tab, also gives you a link to launch opentyrian from command line.

followed everything to a T here but i still cannot get even the repo to install. what I am missing?

followed everything to a T here but i still cannot get even the repo to install. what I am missing?
DBPs are just package files put into directories. you download them from https://pyra-handheld.com/repo/apps

There is: https://pyra-handheld.com/repo/apps?q=DBP+Installer that handles downloading and installing these packages but it's a bit clunky.

If you're using an SD card formatted to exFat that can be problematic, switching to Fat32 or and EXT3/4 system works better.

DBPs are just package files put into directories. you download them from https://pyra-handheld.com/repo/apps

There is: https://pyra-handheld.com/repo/apps?q=DBP+Installer that handles downloading and installing these packages but it's a bit clunky.

If you're using an SD card formatted to exFat that can be problematic, switching to Fat32 or and EXT3/4 system works better.
ah i mean I have that file, on the SD card. that sd card is formatted to fat32 tried making the folders needed in the quoted post
The error i get is that it cannot create dragonbox/appdata despite the DBP installer being in that exact folder

I apologize if i wasn't clear in the steps I had taken.
I'll try a few other things

ah i mean I have that file, on the SD card. that sd card is formatted to fat32 tried making the folders needed in the quoted post
The error i get is that it cannot create dragonbox/appdata despite the DBP installer being in that exact folder

I apologize if i wasn't clear in the steps I had taken.
I'll try a few other things
You may need to make the initial dragonbox/appdata folder yourself, the application itself should automatically make a subdirectory there.

are the dbps build on buster?
i flashed my pyra towards bullseye.

here some needed libs are provided in a higher version.
is it a valid approuch to provide mising libs in the appdata folder?
or would it be wiser to reflash my pyra back to buster?

Back