Developers Getting Pandaras Before The Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tiger1

If these developers rate hight enough to get a 99% finished pandar, then why wasant I given the chance to get one, as I would have been fine wiht one. even if it voided the warranty. The pandara is fine as it is, it doesnt need anymore tweaks, so send the thing out. Over we take care of the customer first, and but I see things here where the pandara comes from are in charge, sorry but this doesnt sound like a stockholder controlled project, of which this panadra would not have been possible. we made this thing happen, but no, we wont ever get this thing, of which I would have been fine wiht a 99% one. . by the way it doesnt sound to good public relations wise to say you sent some people a pandar. 99% finished is the same as 100% finished period, this so called 1%, adds another mont th or two or yearto the project. Yes im peod, as I got mu hopes wwiht all the emails and everything, such as delivery by november , but at the extreme , delivery would have been here by the end of december.it wont mean a single to anyone here, but thanks for dashing my hope.

Gerald, you are fighting for a lost cause. The narrow hinge is a serious fault of the MK0 cases and those devices will just fail sometime. They are send out to developers to make them able to develop. They are not made for enjoyment. Have faith and patience, bro :)

Very valid opinion. I've felt that way myself on occasion, but without developers making software, you could have received your pandora last Christmas, and it would still be useless today! So from that stand point, I don't mind at all. I donate to all every developer that puts out software I like, so it's not a big deal for me. If I could program worth a damn, I would add to the community that way, but I can't, so the best I can do is support with my time and funds. I'm just hoping this extra few weeks(Hopefully), will allow them to improve programs and emu's even more by release.

Jumpman

I don't want do the mother teresa dance here, but let's just not let it go where it usually ends, this time.

I have no problem with the developers getting their's first, they are the one's who have being doing all the hard work getting the OS and drivers ready for the last year or so and all I've being doing is waiting :)

borgqueenx said:
without developers, pandora would be useless. thats why dev's go first. cancel your preorder, its your best choice of action. or wait until end february.

Who is to say Gerald1 didn't buy the Pandora with the intention to be a developer himself? Maybe he just wanted a barebones unit? Please do not prejudge perople.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald1 said:
The pandara is fine as it is, it doesnt need anymore tweaks, so send the thing out.

What on earth are you basing this off of, other than your impatience to get one? Have you actually held one? If so, what credentials do you have to be able to authoritatively say "It's good enough. Ship it."?
The biggest problem with the case that they cited was a tight fit for the LCD cable, which MWeston said would drastically slow production. Depending on his definition of "drastic" (my words, not his), then you might not have gotten yours for another few weeks anyway.
So chill out. It's almost over.

PS: Stop starting stupid topics! Just 3 days ago you started one saying "If it doesnt make it by the end of the year, I can wait more, as ive waited this long, and Im sure they are working as fast as they can to get it out." and now you're posting this one saying "OMG SHIP IT NAO!"

MDave said:
The heck is a Pandara? At least use a spell checker.
http://www.themystica.com/mythical-folk/articles/pandara.html
Buddhist goddess, apparently. Possibly a rival to the Pandora? Some sort of Buddhist/Greek goddess catfight needs to happen.

I'm sorely tempted to review gerald1's posts/threads prior to them being posted on the forum <_<

Anyone think it may be Chad78 trying to wind us up?

Chip said:
If I leave this thread open, Gerald is going to be torn to shreds.

If I close this thread, he'll just start another one to complain about how horribly unfair us moderators are.

I can't win. I guess I'll have to leave it open. If some other mod wants to be the big meanie and shut it down, so be it. I am moving it to off topic though, since it has no business in Pandora General.

Now that thread is locked in LOL files. So this was foreseeable.

x68000 said:
Anyone think it may be Chad78 trying to wind us up?
I don't think so. Who knows. He seems to be a poor guy who doesn't know better.

Geralds other golden thread is still open in the LOL files if anyone has any gems to add :rolleyes:

I tried to pull out Chip's quote, but it didn't work because LOL files are read only. We could leave this thread open to test gp32x' members :lol:
Edit: It's already maximum Off Topic, so my favourite gedankenexperiment is that the Pandora project is a social experiment. I love snakes that bite their own tail :)

I'm not trolling here but it just occurred to me that if the slot for the screen ribbon was too tight wouldn't/shouldn't this have been picked up in the clear prototype cases? I cannot understand why this has only just become an issue.

Ahh ok. But wouldn't the clear prototype cases have had the same problem still? I know nothing about this but it strikes me as odd and I'd like to understand it better.

sadpanda.png

made this for Gerald1 :(

Beepo said:
Ahh ok. But wouldn't the clear prototype cases have had the same problem still? I know nothing about this but it strikes me as odd and I'd like to understand it better.
To make the clear prototype, you take a solid block of plastic and cut away everything that isn't a Pandora.
To make the final cases, they make a mould, and then inject hot plastic into it.
Due to cooling, the mould made cases shrink ever so slightly (we're talking fraction of a millimeter), but when the clearance is only a fraction of a millimeter already, that slight shrink can make all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back