Developers Getting Pandaras Before The Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geralds cancer has no bearing on the topic of this thread. Developers are getting the Pandora's that are already built, and the reasons have been given and imo the reasons are valid. We all have / had reasons why we wanted our Pandora earlier than now.... none of those reasons are vaild either. It was always clear that the product would be shipped when 'it was ready' and that determination is to be made by OP not by customers speculation. I read threads in the forum based on the title and this one has certainly been derailed for a large percentage of the posts.

It's not that I don't have compassion for his situation, but it has no place here in the thread about developers getting product before mass production starts. i.e: <I'm going to lose a bet with my wife because I'm not getting my Pandy before Christmas.. therefore you should send me mine ahead of time.. you have NO IDEA how badly this will impact our relationship as I've worked hard over the years to always be right and win every bet... now my credibility is shot forever... ect....) My circumstance have NOTHING to do with when the product will / should ship, nor does Geralds'. Granted a (intentionally) lame analogy but the point remains. If an exception were to be made / requested it should be done via email / pm's ect.. not publicly imo. No matter how compassionate you may be it's still comes down to "poor me, I (specifically) should get my Pandora because I (insert tale of woe here) and I don't think it's fair."

Twiitcher

That as may be but there's still no way to tell if he's genuine or not. Just state from the outset that the thread is something for PM, lock it and be done with it.

There's no justifiable reason to call the guy out over whether his cancer is genuine or not. That's unacceptable in my opinion.

""DEvellopers" are disciples of graig! He is take YOUR PANDORA and send it to his "DEVELOPERS" cronies!

Our Pandoras will be here soon enough, and they'll last longer and be more pleasant to use than the developer units.

I for one welcome our new Overlord Graig.

All hail the Devillelopers
notworthy.gif

I'd be half-disturbed by the psychology of any dev that actually wants the early Pandora before it gets its tweaks.

borgqueenx said:
without developers, pandora would be useless.
Don't be ridiculous. It's a computer. Not only that, it's a computer that already has a working desktop environment, network capability, etc.

I am confident that if you handed me one right now I'd find things to do with it even if every other person who had ever heard of Pandora was swallowed by a black hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald - OP is aware of your request, and if they want to do something about it, someone will contact you directly. I understand you are upset about the delays - we all are - but repeatedly creating threads just to complain about it is not going to make things happen any faster. All you are accomplishing is annoying the people who are waiting patiently, which is why they're lashing out at you.

I've moved the booze discussion into its own topic, and I'm closing this one. There is nothing left to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back