Developers Getting Pandaras Before The Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerald is a troll, now he's playing the sympathy angle (oh! if only I had a PANDORA to relieve my TERRIBLE CANCER), IF he had cancer (and I know someone who did) he wouldn't post such erroneous crap, you don't take ANYTHING before a scan, so it can hardly be "ripping his body up" can it?, Chemotherapy (which is what I think he is on about) is a treatment that tries to destroy cancer cells, but it's a harsh process that kills a lot of your healthy cells in the process and leaves you really ill, NOT something that enables you to have a scan, he would be on chemo AFTER a scan if he still had cancer.

his post's are stupid and provocative, there are NO good reasons for any demands by anyone, if OP get the Pandora right then all will be light and roses, Craig will be a hero and MWeston promoted to patron saint of hand-helds, if they fail then they are going to hear nothing but epic winging, hate, threats and mocking laughter all the way to the bankruptcy courts, the damn things done when they say it is, not when some snotty, illiterate kid with not so much as a spell-checker installed demands it is, not to mention he's no dev, as some suggested, dev's take their punctuation and spelling seriously, it's a common trait for people who write huge swaths of code that have to be error free for the compiler.

Gerald1 appears after Chad78 stopped posting/was banned, same name system/mental process shown by both users, short, mundane name with numerical suffix, I say they may well be the same person.

Hobbyman you failed the test miserably. This whole thread is irrelevant as is any reply. Let's just let it die gracefully or fill it up with something useful. It's not the threadstarter that starts trolling, it's the people posting in it. Feeding it is.

hobbyman II said:
dev's take their punctuation and spelling seriously

You're not a Dev then :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hobbyman II said:
Gerald is a troll, now he's playing the sympathy angle (oh! if only I had a PANDORA to relieve my TERRIBLE CANCER), IF he had cancer (and I know someone who did) he wouldn't post such erroneous crap, you don't take ANYTHING before a scan, so it can hardly be "ripping his body up" can it?, Chemotherapy (which is what I think he is on about) is a treatment that tries to destroy cancer cells, but it's a harsh process that kills a lot of your healthy cells in the process and leaves you really ill, NOT something that enables you to have a scan, he would be on chemo AFTER a scan if he still had cancer.

his post's are stupid and provocative, there are NO good reasons for any demands by anyone, if OP get the Pandora right then all will be light and roses, Craig will be a hero and MWeston promoted to patron saint of hand-helds, if they fail then they are going to hear nothing but epic winging, hate, threats and mocking laughter all the way to the bankruptcy courts, the damn things done when they say it is, not when some snotty, illiterate kid with not so much as a spell-checker installed demands it is, not to mention he's no dev, as some suggested, dev's take their punctuation and spelling seriously, it's a common trait for people who write huge swaths of code that have to be error free for the compiler.

Gerald1 appears after Chad78 stopped posting/was banned, same name system/mental process shown by both users, short, mundane name with numerical suffix, I say they may well be the same person.

I hope he isn't lying, seeing as my Dad died this year from a long battle with Cancer I know exactly what happens when getting chemo/tested/blood transfusions/you name it. I would hope he isn't making something like that up just to 'win' a forum.

craigix said:
hobbyman II said:

I hope he isn't lying, seeing as my Dad died this year from a long battle with Cancer I know exactly what happens when getting chemo/tested/blood transfusions/you name it. I would hope he isn't making something like that up just to 'win' a forum.
my deep condulances for that. Maby a good friend of mine also has it(80% chance unfortunatly)
i dont anyone here would make fun of cancer.
Sorry for being offtopic but craig never seems to read private messages :p

craigix said:
Well all that's left to do is to start putting them in cases, and the Chinese don't do Christmas, so there is still a good chance some will ship this year. As you know some are already shipping, but those are for devs (some of whom are also paying customers).

does that mean that you have the MP boards in hand?

I MIGHT GET BANNED FOR THIS, BUT IT DOESNT MATTER. THIS FOOL WHO IS LISTED INT THE TOPIC SECTIONS ABOVE IS A SOORY PIECE OF HUMANITY WHEN YOU TAKE A CAT SCAN TO DETERMINE IF IT HAS RETURNED YOU FOOL, YOU HAVE TO TTAKE beryillium and they shoot a die into your body so that images will show up. I have a chest and pelvic scan, the stuff I mentioned will mess up anyones insiides for a long time, and they tell you to drink a bunch of water. the main drugs they gave me for chemo, mr.pip, was cisplatinum and vp/16. I had testicular cnacer, and ahd a malignant tumor removed, so If you still think im faking it thats your prividlege. all this has nothing to do wwith getting sympathy, , but it does put you in a frame, that you have to live with from now on. I was one of the lucky ones. craigix', most sorry to hear about your dad, and I lost my mother 7 years ago to pancreatic cancer. My mail carrier just found out hers is back. Im not trying to win any forum, as you say being around your dad undergoing treatments and thing s like that it doesnt change the paitent , in how they feel. the treaments due change people period, even how they look at their families. you just have to try and make the best of it. Im just anxious to see this unit. For the one who called me a troll, thats a compliment, as Ive been called worse. By the way mr. pip, was patricj swayzee trying to get sympathy when he wnet public about his abttle wiht the big c, I dont think so, He was one tough fellow texan. AGain Craig most sorry for your loss and my best to you for a good christmas.

My apologies to one I called pip, the way I type and get in a hurry, I copied the wrong thing or namme.my best to pip, and way the person who started the troll business, was this one,View Posthobbyman II, on 12 December 2009 - 06:38 PM, said:. the big does a number on your nerves, concentration and everything else. only people who have had it, would even mention they have the big c. not to get sympathym but to raise awareness. I could name a truck load of other things you experience while your undergoing treatment and afterwars, but nothing has to be proven to the name caller.

Gerald, it wouldn't be a problem to start a thread in the Off Topic section and discuss your situation. At least I would listen and try to help. But think of it for a moment how it looks when you post several threads in the Pandora forum and-if your are honest to yourself for a moment- HAVE to reckon that derailment is already built-in. This makes you look bad and everyone else, really. Just think about it.

I wont be posting anymore, as it doesnt matter. You maay be trying to help, and thats opk, but I dont worry to much how bad it might make me look on here, as Im jsut being myself. I do thank you for your post, and I appreciate it. You take care, and have a good cchristmas.

Gerald1 said:
I wont be posting anymore, as it doesnt matter. You maay be trying to help, and thats opk, but I dont worry to much how bad it might make me look on here, as Im jsut being myself. I do thank you for your post, and I appreciate it. You take care, and have a good cchristmas.
I wish you all the best, mate :)

That gerald is a weird guy. But many people here dont like me neither.
Btw gerard is a dutch name...another pandora for a dutchman:)

lets talk about the casing news of craigix and drop the cancers and sickness, its making me sad.

I want to add something for you all to ponder before we move back into the realms of cases etc.

I met a guy online a few years ago. He was very interesting but very irate and his typing sucked balls. Everyone said that he was a muppet and that we should ignore him etc but I don't often follow the crowd.

It turned out that this guy, who became a good friend of mine, was high on very strong painkillers and used to go online and vent sometimes without realising he was doing it. He told me that he was in a US sniper squad in the first Iraq war and had been forced to walk through the burning oil fields without a mask. He ended up with lung cancer and had a lung removed.

He also told me that a guy in his squad had written a book, that got made into a film, and that the guy who wrote the book warped reality slightly to make everything interesting that happened look like it was about himself. Everyone was annoyed by this, especially my mate. It's a shame because he was asked to be interviewed on the DVD but turned it down. I won't mention any names obviously, but the guy who wrote the book, according to my friend, was allegedly a money grabbing loser.

The interesting thing is that as I got to know this guy on the internet and then on VOIP I did some checking. His story checked out and he was a very genuine and interesting character and a credit to not only his country but to his fellow man.

In summary I just want to say that I don't think it's fair to judge someone by a few forum messages, you should lighten up a bit and possibly try to empathise with the person you target your comments at. Just because they may not be very eloquent online or have good punctuation, or even have their facts completely straight. It doesn't mean they are less genuine than yourselves. Anything other than this would be doing yourself a disservice, not to mention the impact it may have on them.

Just my 2 cents (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back