Did You Get This Newsletter?!

The rabbit's got a samurai-like hat... Usagi Yojimbo? :blink:

Line O said:
Must.... fight... urge... to... pre-order....

Must... avoid being... early adopter... Use brain... not Heart... Of Geek....

NNNNnnngggghhhh!!

*tries to fight credit card back into wallet*

LOL :)

If oyu want my advice:
Do NOT buy one!
(I have a friend who wants one of the remaining 100)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think i have had a newsletter for ages.

Impeccable timing though, it must have been the cake that prized craig out of the cave he has been dwelling in of late!

Roll on delivery, while a critic of how things have been handled amongst other things. i really cannot wait. I am hoping this will keep me entertained in a corner at the relatives on christmas and boxing day.

It's probably meant to be a Pokemon character or something.

Bear in mind everyone that th 15th hasn't happened yet - that cases will be produced then is an estimate/forecast. From Craig. Good to look forward to, but don't be TOO surprised if it doesn't happen.

I have a bottle of sambuca with your name on it Criagix! ;) one of the quickest and easiest ways to relax lol

thanks for the updates, no mail for me yet but hope to get it later today.
im pretty sure this dare i say it "deadline???" will prick up the ears of the doubters :D

Monk said:

Bear in mind everyone that th 15th hasn't happened yet - that cases will be produced then is an estimate/forecast. From Craig. Good to look forward to, but don't be TOO surprised if it doesn't happen.

I assume it's an estimate coming from the case manufacturer. With the 8-day delay, that means that there are probably 7 more days required to finish all of the mold production and creation of the cases. This makes sense - ED said that they were going to try to get it done, but if they didn't, it wouldn't require that much more extra work. Assume that it's 4 days more to finish the mold and 3 to make the cases? That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Creature XL said:
Wait a minute!

The set date is lesser then 2 month away!
The post is NOT from Craig!

Why then does it say:

Hello everyone, Craig here,

?

Vorporeal said:
Monk said:

I assume it's an estimate coming from the case manufacturer. With the 8-day delay, that means that there are probably 7 more days required to finish all of the mold production and creation of the cases. This makes sense - ED said that they were going to try to get it done, but if they didn't, it wouldn't require that much more extra work. Assume that it's 4 days more to finish the mold and 3 to make the cases? That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Yup, it sounds like it's based on an estimate from the case manufacturers and it SOUNDS reasonable. As have the previous "30 days" and "45 days" estimates (and those didn't hold all that well for various reasons), based on what the case manufacturer told them.

I don't want to be mean-spirited to anyone, I am just saying "don't get upset if it doesn't work out" in the same way as I did to "I'm pretty confident of July" back in, IIRC, June.

I'm pretty jazzed, personally, but I have yet to find that _cautious_ optimism is unwarranted :)

I totally agree. I've learned not to trust any estimates, but considering that we've got another statement corroborating Craig's, we might be closing in on the end of case manufacturing.

Then again, if you look at the 45 days as "45 business days", we're probably right on time.

Phawx said:
Are they being shipped to us *from* Texas? The newsletter doesn't make that clear.

craigix said:
If you are in the USA they most likely will be, yes.

That's Awsome , I'm just over 1500 miles away from Dallas Texas :)

I got very excited when I saw an email from OpenPandora in my inbox :D And even more excited from craig's post in here! 15th October for all the cases to be finished? Wohooo! Almost there!

Now for some questions ;)

If it's going to be all tested and assembled in Texas, does that mean there's going to be about a week to send the cases over from China to Texas?

MDave said:
If it's going to be all tested and assembled in Texas, does that mean there's going to be about a week to send the cases over from China to Texas?

If I'm in the UK and they're coming from Texas, doesn't that mean I'll have to pay import-tax on them? :(

PhonicUK said:
MDave said:

If I'm in the UK and they're coming from Texas, doesn't that mean I'll have to pay import-tax on them? :(
They might be shipped to individuals in America from Texas, but I'd say they'll be bulk shipping the rest to UK/Europe then distributing them from there.

Hmmm Oct 15th

I'm somewhere in the 3,000 are of orders so:

300 cases a day

10 days for 3,000 cases

4 days shipping.

Might get a Pandora before Halloween? lol

Thanks for the update Craig and the nice little email.

I got my shipping changed to UPS which takes 5 days from the States to get here in Australia. :)

Back