Do you have any tattoos?

Sugar_Kane

Could crush a grape
Hello fellow denizens,

I got my first tattoo this Saturday just gone, always wanted one but never mustered the gumption to go and get it done, so here I am at 32 with my first and I'm over the moon with it. Does anyone else around these parts have one? Are you thinking of getting one? Do you have one that you really regret?

Hello fellow denizens,

I got my first tattoo this Saturday just gone, always wanted one but never mustered the gumption to go and get it done, so here I am at 32 with my first and I'm over the moon with it. Does anyone else around these parts have one? Are you thinking of getting one? Do you have one that you really regret?

Hi

I have eight, and no regrets :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an eye type tattoo put on the back of my shoulder when I was 18 and I don't even remember it's there most of the time.

Me and 3 friends all went down to get one at the same time but they all bottled it and went to the pub whilst I got mine. Wouldn't have minded so much but I didn't even get to have a pint after it had been done because it took so long :(

I was more into piercings than tattoos. At one point I had 9... Now it's down to 6.

But I do have a tattoo - a small one.

You probably know I have a bent for cute furry creatures... and that CareBears all have a little heart on their... uh... behind.

Well...

*ahem* :rolleyes:

I've got a few, I have an armadillo on my inner right forearm and a bit further up Action Prinny (from the Disgaea spin off), I have a pumpkin on my right shoulder and I have a tattoo of my green giraffe (see my picture) on the side of my right calf.

I like colourful tattoos :)

When I get dressed in the morning, I grab the first shirt out of my closet that fits. Actually finding something that I like enough to have it permanently* etched into my skin is something I simply don't have the care for. :p

That being said, some of the designs some people get are really cool.

Don't have a tattoo, never will. I really don't like piercings, tattoos, or anything that goes on your body that can't be yanked off.

i used to carve stuff into my arms/hands/fingers, not in the self-mutilation sort of way, but more like art, the same way people would get tattoos, and i have these two designs that ive wanted as tattoos for a while now, been wanting tattoos since i was like 13, but laws in certain placed didnt allow it w/o parental permission, then once i turned 18, the want kind of died down, now at 24, i still dont have any :{ heres one of them, which i dont even know where i would put... Music_Pirate9jhDetail.png and the other one, which id put high on my arm, would be a skull with smoking headphones on it, this one would be in black and white with some good shading. also, any talk about tattoos needs more pictures then this, cmon people with tattoos, theyre not there to talk about, theyre there to show

Here is my favorite one. It's from one of the Church of the Subgenius books. I have 3 tattoos and don't regret any of mine either. I will probably get more. Let's see your new tat, Sugar_Kane!

jimjones.jpg

It's certainly no hotrod dinosaur wheelchair big head guy:

lB3ZF.png

0GJdd.jpg

It's still healing and a tiny bit flaky. I've been using benanthen on it regularly and keeping it away from stuff, but sleeping has been a bit of a pain. I've got ink all over my sheets.

No they put clingfilm on it and said to take it off after an hour, give it a light wash and put bepanthen on it twice a day.

I've read lots of conflicting reports about aftercare, there are some recommending cling film, but there are lots of others that tell you absolutely not to do that. One of the reasons was that it needs air to get at it to help with the healing. But then others have said that they always wrap theirs up. I guess it's just down to your skin type.

I'm applying the cream when it starts to feel like it's tightening up and drying, but that's making it slightly sticky, so when I sleep and flip about in the night I think it's sticking to the sheets and pulling off a small amount of it, but last night was the only instance of that happening so I'm not worried at the moment because it's just a small area, and I can see that it's starting to flake off just from moving mr arm around normally. It's been 5 days since I got it done so I expect it's just part of the healing.

Nice tat, Sugar_Kane! Simple and bold!

There is so much conflicting information on aftercare. I got my tattoos done in 3 different parlors and was given different advice every time. The only time I was told to re-wrap it was because I worked in a scrap yard. He told me to just keep it wrapped at work since it was so dirty there. I think he was worried about it getting infected.

Back