Do You Reccomend An Overclocked Model?

For example OpenSnes9xGP v.02 (0.2 is faster than 0.3 if you use sound) running Super Mario All Stars and World, is pretty good at 166. But Osnes has a sound bug which makes the sound a little bit crackly. (I think it must be a memory leak somewhere in the graphics rendering code).

Its either a GP32 or a Tapwave Zodiac. The only thing about the Zodiac, is that it isnt open source.

And not much games...

but it certainly looks better, and has an anolog stick

Forum Topic - GP32 or Zodiac? Theres a couple good posts in there by Skeezix, a GP32 and Zodiac devloper, so theres really no bias.

Pretty much, the Zodiac analog stick isn't good for everything. People say its good if you want PDA functions.

Also, its not as popular, and I think thats for a reason ;)

Heres a topic about the physical appearance, which just happens to be started by Skeezix. Forum Topic - Gp32. Ugly Or Sweet Sexy Hottie?

Last edited by a moderator:
benny32 posted on May 28 2005 at 01:03 AM said:
Its either a GP32 or a Tapwave Zodiac. The only thing about the Zodiac, is that it isnt open source.

And not much games...

but it certainly looks better, and has an anolog stick
1. The gp32 isn't open source either.
2. Handango is currently listing 2770 games for the palm (don't forget the Zodiac is a palm os device). How many more do you want :blink:
3. It looks fantastic, and a much better fit in the pocket.
4. The analog stick is the biggest mistake Tapwave have ever made.

GP32's the only handheld I have (my old GBA I never use doesn't count, dangit)
It fits in your pocket quite well actually (if your pockets aren't too small, cargo pants work well). The Zodiac CPU ain't much faster, and it is hindered by having Palm OS run behind everything (Programmers on GP32 get direct access). GP32 is a helluva lot more opensoure than Zodiac (Zod programmers have to have their programs signed, which can take forever, and if Tapwave goes out of business, they cant (yes, I know its been cracked, etc. But so's the GBA, now which is more fun, open or cracked) )

Tapwave Zodiac is probably more for non gamers who want an awesome Palm unit.

Besides, the GP32 is half of what the zodiac costs. Plus I'll be able to bring all my favorite systems to college with me on a portable :)

benny32 posted on May 28 2005 at 09:12 PM said:
Tapwave Zodiac is probably more for non gamers who want an awesome Palm unit.

Besides, the GP32 is half of what the zodiac costs. Plus I'll be able to bring all my favorite systems to college with me on a portable :)

That`s what it`s all about. :D

Trooper

Go for the Zodiac, I'd say, it's got a lot of things coming up.
Tapwave's going to make it more open, as they can't make enough money from selling it as a commersial console.

Back