DoCoMo Wristomo

Safety

Still Fresh
I was flicking around Sky the other night, watching a bit of FOX News to make sure theyre still evil. Their slogan is "the channel america trusts", proper evil, and they all have hair like lego people.

Anyway i turned onto News 24 and there was a thing about super cool mobile phone stuff in Japan. Mobile phone controlled toy cars, and photo booths to print photos from your mobile.

Then i saw the coolest thing ive ever seen, a DoCoMo Wristomo, a mobile phone thats a watch!

If anybody knows how i can possibly get one that works in merry old England, or if theyre being released over here.

bringoutthegimp posted on Sep 16 2003 at 05:24 PM said:
well....you just buy a mobile phone from any shop and then look at the time
Why do you give such crappy replies all the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they're out elsewhere, as they've only just been invented over there (which is odd considering the james bond factor with it). I also don't have a clue if Japanese mobiles are the same GSM frequency thingy. I would assume not as things like that, the 220/110v standards, PAL/NTSC and different sized electric plugs are all designed to increase competitiveness and so on, as opposed to how popular belief is that it's just because countries can't make their mind up.

I could be completely wrong here but...

...I don't think DoComo phones use SIM cards. You buy a phone, enter you account code and you're away.

It's one (along with price and relatively high incomes) of the reasons why people tend to have several devices. You can go from using one phone to another without any faffing around.

If that's right, then a Japanese phone won't work here.

hhmmmm.... haven't seem any over here yet, but I can tell you that I have a Japanese cell phone and it won't work anywhere but Japan, unless you buy a special phone. Now I don't have a DoCoMo phone, but I am pretty sure that Japanese cell phones use a different frequency than other countries. Tough luck. :(
Oh yeah, about those booths that can print photos, you can't take your cell phone with a camera (cause almost every Japanese cell phone has a camera) and print out your photos. You may think that the cameras on cell phones don't have good quality, but mine is a 1.2 megapixel. :D

Thanks for all your help, i guess its just a case of waiting a few years till they come out over here.

By that time Japan will have phones with lasers on, and ones that make roast dinners, but never mind.

There are Docomo phone used in the us. I'm currently living in Japan My friend has a docomo. EVERYTHING is in Japan playstaion 3 to playing recorded videos on cell phones. The docomos can be used in 22 regions of the world . :D

Back