Does Anyone Else Check The Blog Every Day?

smanky

Still Fresh
Is anybody else guilty of checking the blog every day? I can't wait for any new updates about the Pandora :)

smanky said:
Is anybody else guilty of checking the blog every day? I can't wait for any new updates about the Pandora :)

I haven't been - I just check this forum because I figure any blog updates would show up here asap. Plus, I'm anxiously checking the mame thread for updates and comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
smanky said:
Guilty as charged. :( I usually hit openpandora.org on my way to this forum and the other one. While I'm there, it's a quick click to check the blog.

_Sterling said:
smanky said:
Guilty as charged. :( I usually hit openpandora.org on my way to this forum and the other one. While I'm there, it's a quick click to check the blog.

I check Chip's update thread, the openpandora forums, these forums, the main site and the blog all the freaking time.

I'm hooked. It's like crack. <swoon> :pandora1: </swoon>

Yeah about once every 2-3 hours, on my way to opening both forums in seperate windows, eagerly scouring for any interesting tidbits, becoming generally disappointed then scouring through the old posts.

For those who came on board with pandora recently, scouring the old forum pages makes for interesting reading in these relatively lean news times :D

I check Chip's update thread, the openpandora forums, these forums, the main site and the blog all the freaking time.

+1 I really couldn't have put it any better myself :p :( We need more updates! :lol:

Sometimes I don't have time to read through the forums, but often I'll hit the blog, then the forums.

pandorasloveflaps said:
Yeah about once every 2-3 hours, on my way to opening both forums in seperate windows, eagerly scouring for any interesting tidbits, becoming generally disappointed then scouring through the old posts.

For those who came on board with pandora recently, scouring the old forum pages makes for interesting reading in these relatively lean news times :D

I check the blog 10+ times a day and Chip's update thread once every two days.

...opening both forums in...

I stopped checking the other Pandora forum long time ago, I was under the impression they were closed and most of the posts that were there are here now, am I missing something? :huh:

sehs33 said:
That pretty much describes me. I want this handheld. ;)

sehs33 said:

I stopped checking the other Pandora forum long time ago, I was under the impression they were closed and most of the posts that were there are here now, am I missing something? :huh:
http://forum.openpandora.org is not closed. More discussion takes place here, but there some interesting stuff

sehs33 said:
I havent been checking the other forum either, this is where i've always checked an this is where i'd prefer to stay, i'd like to know if theres something im missing on the other forum too tho. I have been checking the blog but not as much as here as i'm sure if anything appears on the blog it'll appear here shortly afterwards! Who else is counting the days btw, its painful! :)

They're still pretty active. Looks like they haven't been migrated, or even locked to new posts. I've been trying to ignore them, but occasionally someone will reference them from here. I seem to recall a message from someone to the effect that they'd be merging the forums, but I'd guess that's probably not as high on the priority list as, I don't know, producing the Pandora. :lol:

On a technical note, it looks like they're using phpBB over at forum.openpandora.org, and Invision Powerboard here. I've worked with both, and I'd imagine it'll take a couple hours to write the import/export scripts to get the data out of phpBB's database and into the database here, since the schemas are different. It's not exactly fun work, either, so I'd expect both boards to be up for a while yet, maybe even until after the units start shipping.

TaG said:
sehs33 said:

http://forum.openpandora.org is not closed. More discussion takes place here, but there some interesting stuff

Yeah there is a little active discussion over there - its a case of being desperate for the tiniest scraps and not wanting to miss out - sad I know :( I swear I've never been like this over a consumer product before. I get my consoles in the first 6 months of release when there is a good suite of games out but I want my Pandora so bad - any tidbit of info is like finding a rock of crack down the back of the sofa to an addict.

I also check the blog at least once a day, on my way to check the forums.

The unwashed masses demand MOAR BLOG UPDATES!

TaG said:
Better check it right now then....
First GMenu Pandora Preview

I was about to post too.. Nice headsup

sehs33 said:

trust me, you aren't missing anything.

anyway, i just use an RSS feed

TaG said:
Better check it right now then....
First GMenu Pandora Preview

Ahhh my crack for the day - I might be able to string this piece of news out to last me the whole weekend!

pboard0.jpg

pboard1.jpg

pboard2.jpg

pboard3.jpg

sorry for extremely low guality pics..

a bit more..
pboard4.jpg

pboard5.jpg

pboard6.jpg

pboard7.jpg

Back