Does anyone have a Nokia N900 that can answer my question

AnimatedFreak

Very Active Member
Hello.

Sorry if my grammar is not great.

I am about to get a new phone. I was looking for something cheep and the Nokia N900 seams to be the one I am getting, even if it's a little old. But I love qwerty keyboards and touch screen that works with a stylus :)

One thing I love doing with my Android phone is to do Internet sharing. I have 3G on it and I can set up a wifi network to get 3G internet to a laptop or a Nintendo 3DS. Both wireless and via USB

I know that the Nokia N900 don't use Android and I really don't want to install that unoffical Android port on it.

Does anyone know if I can do Internet sharing with the Nokia N900 like a can on a Android phone?

Mobile HotSpot works well for me, although I've only done wifi sharing, not through USB.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to do PAN via BT though, to pair it with the Pandora... any easy solution here?

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
The N900 isn't bad, but just one thing - be very careful with its usb connector! It is quite a tight fit, and other people on other forums have had the usb connector break off!

Yep, my first one died because of that.

So the first thing I did when I got it was to open the case and added a thick hot glue blob on top of the port.

It's now being pushed onto the PCB by the case so it can't break anymore :)

AnimatedFreak

Very Active Member
Ï will keep that in mind when I get one :) @EvilDragon, is it hard to open the case on the N900? It's so tiny

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Ï will keep that in mind when I get one :) @EvilDragon, is it hard to open the case on the N900? It's so tiny

There's a service manual floating around the internet. Following that guide properly shouldn't cause issues.

Once you've done it a few times, it's really easy :)

Prometheus

I wonder if Sugru would be even better than hot-glue, for the USB port fix? It's more temperature-resistant than most glues tend to be, after all. :p