Doom 3 BFG edition.. don't bother

Garrett

Advanced Member
So I picked this up today.. and am feeling more than a little stupid.

Don't know why I presumed there would actually be some enhancements to the Doom 3 engine/gameplay.. suffice to say there isn't.

Apart from native controller support & the 'ability' to have the flashlight on & a gun equipped at the same time.. that's it!!

The visuals have seen no attention whatsoever as far as I can see.. you get doom 1 & 2 bundled, business as usual as far as they are concerned.

I've splurged, so you don't have to.. consider yourselves warned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never thought much of doom 3 anyways.id are not good at producing 'gameplay' only sweet tech demos imo.

I really enjoyed Doom3 on the pc and original XBox (I got the special edition that came in the metal tin with original Doom and extras) and I was looking forward to this release for Xbox360. So it's not much of an update really then? Shame. :(

TBH at full price I wouldn't buy it anyway, but I will probably get it once the price goes below £20.

I liked Doom 3, but I loved Quake 4. I know that a lot of people didn't, but I really liked the atmosphere, not as dark as doom 3, but much more action and less of those artificial shocker moments.

The BFG part doesn't stand for Big Friendly Giant does it ? :p stupid question .

Top 5 moronic moments of Doom the movie:

#3 The Rock: "That's a big fuckin' gun"

I signed the petition pledging never watch that movie, I stick by it.

You mean "Generic Space Marine Movie"? I'm quite certain that's what it is officially called. Doom was just the working title.

Back