Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

New version in repo:

Whats New:

- searching list 'by game name' [type something and press enter]

- added info-hints for buttons on left

- small optimizations

- Added Games Count 

- Added SD Card Free Space info [to make sure you'll have enough free space to install game..]

Screen:

gb15.png

Downloads

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

Last edited by a moderator:
German Wiki says the Same:

Stunts heute
Obwohl das Spiel nunmehr mehr als zwanzig Jahre alt
ist, erfreut es sich immer noch weltweiter Beliebtheit.
Nachdem bereits Ende der 1990er das Spiel als
Abandonware bzw. von den Entwicklerfirmen selbst als
Freeware deklariert wurde, entdeckten viele Menschen
das Spiel neu.
I cannot translate this good but short:

Stunts was first Abbandonware and then real Freeware from the Developers of Stunts.

von den Entwicklerfirmen selbst als
Freeware deklariert wurde
from the Developers itself as Freeware released.

von den Entwicklerfirmen selbst als

Freeware deklariert wurde
There is no source for that on the wikipedia page, and while the developers may "declare" it freeware it does not automatically mean it really is.

+1 to what thatgui said and more. Yes I am repeating myself.. And that's because commander-beef is being an idiot.

It's not listed at all on Liberatedgames.com or mentioned that it's freeware on http://www.mobygames.com/game/stunts, its not listed @ Dosgames.com or dosgamesarchive.com and there's no official words from Brøaderbund Software, Mindscape or Distinctive Software.So clearly it's NOT freeware. 

Just because some guy says it's freeware.. Doesn't mean it really is.

There seems to be no official statement regarding the status,
the only thing I can find, that is at least "close" to the source is

KHR phoned the companies some years ago and they told us, that Stunts is free now. They did not want to publish the code (as Zak already wrote, it seems to be lost now).

Of course (which company would do this) no one gave us something written    
smiley.gif
, we simply trust the words.
Source

Look like a similiar case to "Dune 2": "Where there's no judge, there's no hangman"

Disabling stunts in repo isnt a big deal, but i would be glad if i could get an info that freeware state of stunts are not correct.. 

As I pointed out earlier you're taking some guys word against an official word which we probably will probably never happen because the company was sold to EA (of all people). So technically the rights for Stunts lies with EA hence the source being "lost" and i've never seen anything released free from EA. 

The whole thing looks... Fishy

Maybe but when a Game called Freeware from the

Devs/Release Company at a Time who they had the full Rights...

...can Years later the after Company EA retrire this?

Sorry for my bad english.

Can EA cancel the Freeware State then?

As I pointed out earlier you're taking some guys word against an official word which we probably will probably never happen because the company was sold to EA (of all people). So technically the rights for Stunts lies with EA hence the source being "lost" and i've never seen anything released free from EA. 

While this is certainly "fishy", and I think it would be better if it was just removed, I'm not really convinced that keeping it will be much of a problem - we still have copyrighted Dune 2 gfx and sfx in the repo, and no one cares. So I recommend asking ED, he is the one who would be held accounted for.

Just for the sake of beiing a "Mister know it all": EA did release games as freeware in the past, various C&C titles for example.

While this is certainly "fishy", and I think it would be better if it was just removed, I'm not really convinced that keeping it will be much of a problem - we still have copyrighted Dune 2 gfx and sfx in the repo, and no one cares. So I recommend asking ED, he is the one who would be held accounted for.

Just for the sake of beiing a "Mister know it all": EA did release games as freeware in the past, various C&C titles for example.
we have a lot of unsolved copyright issues with graphics and music like:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=milk.sorr.shake

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=minislug_ptitseb

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=gngremix_ptitseb

just to name few..

and nobody bothers that?

Can EA cancel the Freeware State then?
From the EA point of view, Stunt is still copyrighted games they dont sell anymore.They never made it freeware. Only a random guy on the NET.

So EA will not reject the freeware status 'cause they never gave it.

Illegal PND is illegal.

I will disable the Download until this is cleared.

I dont want to make ED Problems because its on his Server.

Maybe he allow it and then can i re-enable the Download.

Back