Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

and nobody bothers that?
It bothers me, but I guess ED doesn't care much (unless I missed the posts where he was showing concerns regarding that).

I assume the whole project is currently too small to come up on the radar of certain companies - but that may change over time (especially if the Pyra draws more attention to the project).

To be honest i'd might ride down repo to hunt every 'might be copyrighted' material and you'll be surprised how many stuff should be removed there  [and without doubts using GFX/MSX without artiust permission breach copyrights]. So please dont try to be more white than pope.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Streets of Rage - BYO Data Files

MiniSlug - Not entirely sure but ptitseb does mention copyrights to appropriate companies. Maybe this one is a no.

Ghosts and Ghouls - BYO Data Files

Starcraft -BYO Datafiles.

Streets of Rage - BYO Data Files

MiniSlug - Not entirely sure but ptitseb does mention copyrights to appropriate companies. Maybe this one is a no.

Ghosts and Ghouls - BYO Data Files

Starcraft -BYO Datafiles.
Are you drunk?

"

All the graphics and sound are copyright by capcom, you can play this game only if you have

the following original roms: ghosts'n goblins (arcade), ghouls'n ghosts (arcade),

super ghouls'n ghosts (SNES and Nintendo GBA) and demon's crest (SNES).

"

and just because somebody states that stuff is copyrighted it doesnt mean he will not breach copyrights.. 

it applies to Mini Slug Project and G'n'G at least.. 

To be honest i'd might ride down repo to hunt every 'might be copyrighted' material and you'll be surprised how many stuff should be removed there  [and without doubts using GFX/MSX without artiust permission breach copyrights]. So please dont try to be more white than pope.. 
I dont understand why then other Serious Sites have Sharewares/Demoversions and Freewares there.

I am shure they dont have the Permission for all and they can all be closed then too.

Understand what you mean :)

about StarCraft and http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.starcraft

Blizzard Entertainment® hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non- assignable license to use and display, for home, noncommercial and personal use only, one copy of any material and/or software that you may download from this site, including, but not limited to, any files, codes, audio or images incorporated in or generated by the software (collectively the "Downloaded Content") provided, however, that you must include or maintain all copyright and other notices contained or associated with such Downloaded Content. You acknowledge and agree that you may not sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer this license or the Downloaded Content and that no title to the Downloaded Content has been or will be transferred to you from Blizzard Entertainment® or anyone else. You also agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise modify the Downloaded Content.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/legal-faq.html

Is that easy to understand?

So ? The only conclusion that could be drawn from your comment is, that this should indeed be done, to keep ED from potential harm (or is stealing something ok as long as other people around you are doing the same and don't get punished for it? - just to be sure, this is meant as an analogy, I don't want to imply that anyone is stealing). So I don't know what you are trying to prove here.But as said before, I vote for letting ED decide this on a case by case basis.

Im trying to say, it you all want to do something in correct manner ride down repo and check everything and not just only particular stuff [because its pointless..]. Thats what im saying..

Im trying to say, it you all want to do something in correct manner ride down repo and check everything and not just only particular stuff [because its pointless..]. Thats what im saying..
Why is it pointless ? The more copyrighted materials appear unlicensed, the bigger the chance ED gets sued. So, just bring the other cases you have found to Eds attention and let ED decide on those cases too. Just don't really see your point, other than "the others are doing bad things too".

Its pointless, because if you block one copyrighted material, and not all [in repo] , ED will be in trouble anyway.. Do it in proper manner , not quasi proper.. delegate somekind of software auditor that will ride down repo to check legality of all stuff. This is proper way to help ED in copyright issues..

145852.jpg

Santa Claws.

Its pointless, because if you block one copyrighted material, and not all [in repo] , ED will be in trouble anyway.. Do it in proper manner , not quasi proper.. delegate somekind of software auditor that will ride down repo to check legality of all stuff. This is proper way to help ED in copyright issues..
This would need that all copyrighted material would belong to one company, which isn't the case - again, you are free to bring any other cases you have found/find to Eds attention too.

or is stealing something ok as long as other people around you are doing the same and don't get punished for it? - just to be sure, this is meant as an analogy, I don't want to imply that anyone is stealing)

Don't use the word "stealing" when referring to copyright infringement. Copyright infringement is the only right word. That's why there is a word for it, and why lawyers never refer to "stealing". "Stealing" is what the copyright owners want to use but are not allowed to use in actual legal context.

One way to do it would be to allow people to "flag" an entry. That way, you could manage individual case and remove the ones where problems may arise only.

The biggest risk at this stage is that ED gets a DMCA attack and loses access to his .org domain, taking the whole repo + boards + website down with it, since .org BELONGS to USA regulations. 

Don't use the word "stealing" when referring to copyright infringement. Copyright infringement is the only right word. That's why there is a word for it, and why lawyers never refer to "stealing". "Stealing" is what the copyright owners want to use but are not allowed to use in actual legal context.
Thats what the part after the "-" was for

Blizzard Entertainment® hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non- assignable license to use and display, for home, noncommercial and personal use only, one copy of any material and/or software that you may download from this site, including, but not limited to, any files, codes, audio or images incorporated in or generated by the software (collectively the "Downloaded Content") provided, however, that you must include or maintain all copyright and other notices contained or associated with such Downloaded Content. You acknowledge and agree that you may not sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer this license or the Downloaded Content and that no title to the Downloaded Content has been or will be transferred to you from Blizzard Entertainment® or anyone else. You also agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise modify the Downloaded Content.
Well These kind of agreement have to respect the law.

The European laws allow Reverse engineering for compatibility issues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering#European_Union). Notaz live in Europ, so his method is legal. Beside he did not provide any copyrighted materials (data) So I'm fairly sure his PND is legal (even if it might not please Blizzard, and even there I doubt so).

The others you've spotted might need to be removed from the repo. indeed.

Well These kind of agreement have to respect the law.

The European laws allow Reverse engineering for compatibility issues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering#European_Union). Notaz live in Europ, so his method is legal. Beside he did not provide any copyrighted materials (data) So I'm fairly sure his PND is legal (even if it might not please Blizzard, and even there I doubt so).

The others you've spotted might need to be removed from the repo. indeed.
Article 6 of the 1991 EU Computer Programs Directive allows reverse engineering for the purposes of interoperability, but prohibits it for the purposes of creating a competing product [this might be SC executable in PND created by Notaz], and also prohibits the public release of information obtained through reverse engineering of software.

and i dont think license could be overriden by EU if you're bid to license while buying product. Wether you're in UE or USA. It doesnt matter.. Buying means accepting license..

Back