Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

yes , because DosBox EX Downloader is included in DosBox EX.. :D

When you find some Problematic running Games,can i maybe try them in Qemu whan you want ;)

I must try your Installer,it look realy realy easy :)
OK, Ingo :D

Im not sure but chasm: the rift sucks on DosBox in matter of speed.. :/ 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, new version in repo. 

Apart from many adjustments:

- viewing/zooming game screen

- bug fixes

- short description in games

- new icons

One thing has been disabled: downloading more than 20 games in list.

Why:

Its easy, i dont want dosbox repo to share Inside The Box's fate. I want it to grow, but because some people are lazy , some are not motivated to help/involve in project i decided to make a Free , but limited version of DosBox EX - Games Downloader. 

Unlocking full version of DosBox EX Downloader is much much easier than anyone can think. Just prepare 3 x [or more]  *.DXZ Game Installers for dosbox ex repo and send to my email ..and i'll send You unlocked / full version of DosBox EX - Game Installer.  

Its fair, i think... 

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

Screens:

06.png

07.png

08.png

Questions:

1) What about folks who have the paid for version?  Is their downloader limited as well?

2) The downloader has specific configuration files for the games in the downloader, right?  Would it be possible to have configuration files ready to go for non-shareware/freeware apps

as well?  The games wouldn't be downloadable, just the configuration files.  (Sort of like Crossover's crosstie files if you're familiar with the crossover product for Linux.  www.codeweavers.com)

I've got a bunch of dos games that I'd like to use.. and it'd be nice to have a repository of configuration files for those games as well, if possible.

thanks,

Christopher.

1) donators who already donated for various apps will get unlocking code for dosbox ex downloader for free of course. Just email me/pm me.

2) in short way: im sorry to say but its practicaly inpossible. Example: If you change folder name for your game or you'll have different version of game (or cracked with different crack) , dosbox ex downloader couldnt detect what game you have on hdd and the couldnt add proper configuration file.

i dont use wi-fi in my home should i upgrade to the new version or just stick with the older version of dossbox ex that i have?

in short way: im sorry to say but its practicaly inpossible. Example: If you change folder name for your game or you'll have different version of game (or cracked with different crack) , dosbox ex downloader couldnt detect what game you have on hdd and the couldnt add proper configuration file.
Perhaps the downloader could carry out the install (of course, the user would have to have the actual game)... it would just provide the means to install and configure it?  Perhaps installing from floppy/cd or the files copied to a directory of the downloader's choosing?

I'm talking about for games that the user actually owns, not cracked versions downloaded off the internet.

thanks,

Christopher.

in short way: im sorry to say but its practicaly inpossible. Example: If you change folder name for your game or you'll have different version of game (or cracked with different crack) , dosbox ex downloader couldnt detect what game you have on hdd and the couldnt add proper configuration file.
Perhaps the downloader could carry out the install (of course, the user would have to have the actual game)... it would just provide the means to install and configure it?  Perhaps installing from floppy/cd or the files copied to a directory of the downloader's choosing?

I'm talking about for games that the user actually owns, not cracked versions downloaded off the internet.

thanks,

Christopher.
This might be to much for my spare time, and additionally it might breaching copyrights here and there.. :< 

But Christopher,

Reconfigure any game that You'll drop into dos games [eg /mnt/utmp/dosbox-ex-app/roms (the default one)] is pretty easy.

You're only need to choose executable for game and eventually remap keys in Virtual Custom Mapper [in Donator Version] which is very easy compared to internal dosbox mapper.

Currently i'm updating my personal collection of freeware / shareware games which contains +250-300 games. It should be soon uploaded into dosbox repo.. Every game will have screenshot and some of them will have contain short info. This thing will be big so..

..exciting times for those who love dos gaming :D

BTW. I strongy encourage everyone to create DXZ files with [unique for every country] games, that are not known worldwide. Im adding about +20-30 polish games [freeware/shareware] that are already impossible to find in internet, now. Some of them are real pearls..

A few things : 

- there should be a text for the icons (update/download..)

- a search with the first letter of the game

Some appear twice :

-Arctic Adventure

- Raptor

- Supernova

- Wolf3d

- World rescue

Doubled games removed

and new [+8*] free/share/demos games upladed thanks to Gismo and BAFelton. 

It includes one extreme hard to find [and free] german game called Helicopter Mission, released in 1993 to promote german army :D

I must admit i never heard about it :D

http://www.mobygames.com/game/helicopter-mission 
Lol, I still got it on some floppy disk but have no clue where.
I would love to add more of this kind goodies into dosbox repo :D

Back