Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

scaling to proper 800x480 will slow everything drastictly [in terms of speed]. I have checked this mode previously and believe me, even games from 286-era can stutter sometinmes in this. Highly NOT Recomended, that's why i didnt included this option in DXBX EX
Does DosBox use SDL ? if yes, can't you use notaz's scaler to give almost "free" full screen scaling ? (I'm unaware how you do the scaling, so sorry if this is a stupid question)
Yes it uses, but still rendering res higher than 640x480 will slows down a lot [on Notaz scaller as well]. It's visible on games like alone in the dark / flight sims for example.. 

Omap DSS hardware scaling 640x480 to 800x480 should run as fast as rendering to 640x480. However games will look pretty bad stretched.

scaling to proper 800x480 will slow everything drastictly [in terms of speed]. I have checked this mode previously and believe me, even games from 286-era can stutter sometinmes in this. Highly NOT Recomended, that's why i didnt included this option in DXBX EX

About sorting.. i'll make a video for ya in weekend..

[stay tuned] 
Ok I understand. The games I played in 800x480 work fine and fluid for me though. But my Pandora is clocked to 1,2GHz, maybe it's because of this. I can imagine that 600Mhz Pandoras will struggle with this.

About the video: That's nice, thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey cb, for some reason I can actually download games intermittently. Most times I just get the " only the first 20 games can be downloaded" message. If I keep restarting the program I can sometimes be able to download but most times I just give up. I do have the thankyou.cfg file in the dosbox appdata folder btw.

Also, could you possibly include a progress bar in the downloader? It would be good to be able to see if the download fails for whatever reason.

Is the donation deal still valid?
Yes..

Hey cb, for some reason I can actually download games intermittently. Most times I just get the " only the first 20 games can be downloaded" message. If I keep restarting the program I can sometimes be able to download but most times I just give up. I do have the thankyou.cfg file in the dosbox appdata folder btw.

Also, could you possibly include a progress bar in the downloader? It would be good to be able to see if the download fails for whatever reason.
PM me and i figure out something :D

I'm having a problem with Dosbox lately... For some reason it's really slow... Overclocking the cpu doesn't work :/ it runs the same at 800mhz as it does on 600mhz. I used to play these games just fine a while ago! At one time I managed to get it working in MiniMenu but when I tried it again later it was slow again... Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Is there some way to have the point of the arrow from the mouse at the tip of the  touchpad ?

D'oh.. hard to find the correct words. When I use the pencil on the touchpad, I have the center of the arrow under it, instead of the top left arrow edge. And that makes it really hard to use it in certain games; is there anyway to change that?

I have the full (donation) version.

Aside from that - love this pnd!

Hi, I'm new to the Pandora (and to Linux generally) so may have missed something obvious. When I try to use DosBox EX Downloader (even for the first 20 games), I get the error message "Unable to open file "/mnt/utmp/dosbox-ex-ura/3dcube.dxz" (for example). Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?

Looks like the game didn't get downloaded.

Check if you have the dxz file in appdata and if you have an internet connection.

Big thumbs up to this app and to StreaK and everyone who has made this an amazing way to play DOS games! :)

I'm trying to use the screenshot facility in dosbox, i'm using the L+R triggers plus S, but i can't find any images. Are these keys current, and where are the screenshots located please.

cancel that, found them in the .dosbox/capture folder :wacko:

Trying to get to grips with the massive amount of options in the donator version (HIGHLY recommended for those who havent dipped in as yet). One question, or maybe more as i go along ... the keys indicated to display the manual/FAQ etc is show as L shoulder, however i'm getting no response with this. Is there a key that shows the manual "in-game" i've read in the thread that it is possible, am i pressing the wrong key?

Are you asking for the manual/faq for the games?   I think that is the left shoulder button.   I don't think all games have the manual or faq for them within dosbox ex   For a manual for dosbox EX I am not aware of one inside the application.  There is one in Pandora documents menu.   I hope that helps.

This will only works in Dosbox menu and not directly in the game or???

Would be great when i can read the manual while game is running but Button Left-Shoulder didn't work :(

Are you asking for the manual/faq for the games?   I think that is the left shoulder button.   I don't think all games have the manual or faq for them within dosbox ex   For a manual for dosbox EX I am not aware of one inside the application.  There is one in Pandora documents menu.   I hope that helps.
This will only works in Dosbox menu and not directly in the game or??? Would be great when i can read the manual while game is running but Button Left-Shoulder didn't work :(
Thankyou both, I got it a bit mixed up, and thought that it "could" be read "in-game", now that would be a thing! :)

On a different note, ive been getting a sackful of games read in dxz format, and i've come across one game that i like that i'm just having a touch of sound problems with, its Lure Of the Temptress, (before someone says it i appreciate it can be played on scummvm, but i'm like a dog with a bone n want to convert all my adventures to dxz format) problem being, the sound works fine on PC dosbox, but doesnt work on DOsbox EX ultimate, does anyone know the reason for this or how i can go to make it work, ive tried altering the sound settings, and creating my own config file which i know works on PC. If its a case of one of those games that wont do sound, then ill put it to one side and carry on with converting the rest to dxz, just i hate to do half a job on something so would be nice if i could get the sound working on this one (ive included the dxz file for info - not finished with manuals etc ust the game)

http://ulozto.net/xX4ctViQ/adventure-lure-of-the-temptress-freeware-dxz

Hi, sorry about plaguing the thread wth another question. This question is about starting games from an image file "ISO". I normally create a bat file which would mount both the c and d drives which are obviously then hardcoded to the line youve put in your bat file such as mount c /media/PAN1/pandora/appdata/dosdox-ex-ura/roms/"game-name" and the same with the image. This is fine for me playing games on my pandora, set up for me, but its no good for someone using different names/locations for the sd card and file locations. I've been creating a batch of dxz files, and want to include some image files in some, and want to convert these to dxz files so anyone can just download them from the downloader etc. How do i creat a bat/config file to mount the image straight from the dxz file? (i hope this makes sense) :unsure:

edit:

think ive been a bit thick, simply creating a bat file and aiming directly towards D (which ive just realised is automounted as 01.iso), now ive just got to figure out how to change images from 01.iso to 02.iso etc

Back