Dosbox Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
I love the old dosbox emulator on my psp, wich is able to run all commander keen speed with full sound, music and frames. what will the pandora's dosbox able to handle? (im sure someone's gonna make it...)
Duke Nukem 3D? Red Alert? that would be awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about red alert, but duke nukem is open source, so a native port is highly lickly.

'Hessiess' said:
I don't know about red alert, but duke nukem is open source, so a native port is highly lickly.
im not talking about porting those 2 games, but if they will work on a dosbox emulator.
so no porting of the game itself is needed.

Yes, dosbox will work. And the CPU in the pandora is significantly more powerful than the one in PSP, so it'll work at least as well.

Low end 486 is the (conservative) official estimate.

'borgqueenx' said:
'Hessiess' said:
im not talking about porting those 2 games, but if they will work on a dosbox emulator.
so no porting of the game itself is needed.
A port is almost always more desirable than running a game emulated. DOSBox might run a particular game just fine, but a port of that game is going to be better. ;)

Again, there's a really handy search button on these forums. We've talked about possibilities of dosbox countless times.

Check some olod threads..

I did fire up a bunch of classics like Warcraft 2, and Dune 2, and various other games (and took some pics.) They worked great.

The PAndora is snigifnicantly more powerful in CPU that PSP, so the Dosboc will be _much_ better. I found the PSP one very painful to use (not to mention that brutal keyboard button system :)

(Still, kudos to .. whatshisname I forget right now, for his multi-year spanning work on the PSP DosBox; he's done some very good things with it, and it is very good. Its just the PSP is the limit .)

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back