Doukutsu Monogatari ~ Cave Story

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Simon Parzer ported one of the BEST Homebrew-Game to the gp2x: Studio Pixel's Cave Story!

csscrs.png

A VERY good Action-RPG, similar to games like Faxanadu or Castlevania (though I like Cave Story better).

PLAY IT! I can't stop playing it :D

Download: Cave Story
Site with a lot of infos: http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/

I think I'm about to cry...

Seriously, check my previous post. This, to me, is bigger than the GBA emulator.

Very nice news, was waiting for a release to play with.
Great work Simon Parzer !

Great work on the port. This truely is an AWESOME game, If your into this kind of genre you WILL get hooked.

Do PC saves work on the port? (I'm up to Egg Corridor?)

It runs very well actually, just needs a little more polish. The controls work pretty well too.

Damume said:
If your into this kind of genre you WILL get hooked.
IF!?

any one ever play elfland: gorgimer's castle for dos? kind of the same thing, platform adventure romp done by one person. doesn't look like much in screenshots but it was a lot of fun back when i played it.

seiklus is pretty rad too. has a really cool feel to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this appear in the archive early yesterday but didn't think much of it... then read this thread just to see some screenshots and hear about it. SOUNDS FANTASTIC! oh man, not anywhere near my '2X or my SD card till late tonight or tomorrow... Thanks for the thread post ED, can't wait to try this game now :D

Do PC saves work on the port? (I'm up to Egg Corridor?)

Yeah, PC saves work without problems. Just copy your Profile.dat to your GP2X.

An important thing: If you run doukutsu-sw.gpe you need to overclock (with gmenu2x or otherwise) to at least 233 MHz to run it full speed. doukutsu.gpe uses the hardware blitter and runs with no problems at 200 and probably lower.

Simon Parzer said:
An important thing: If you run doukutsu-sw.gpe you need to overclock (with gmenu2x or otherwise) to at least 233 MHz to run it full speed. doukutsu.gpe uses the hardware blitter and runs with no problems at 200 and probably lower.
simon: thanks so much for bringing this to the gp2x! my thumb is sore after clocking in way too many hours on this game over the past two days.

also thanks for the explanation of sw vs regular gpe, i didn't get that off the bat (was in somewhere in the readme?)

edit: i've been playing the non sw version and control/speed everything is enjoyable, even with the wonky gp2x stick :)

davey g said:
How well is this running? It's one of the reasons why I'm thinking about getting a GP2X again.
It runs great!!

And the game is verry fun :) though im stuck for a bit. I'am looking for gum basis? hmm I found a door with gum on it but it would not open :) I guess ill need another 15 minuts to figure it out.

Back