Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Maybe one big and one small screen would be important before 3D works better as this would improve lot of games.

Simply move the big screen to the left and use the right bottom corner for the second screen (map...)
like a PIP kind of thing?

Had two crashes (reboot needed) during the episode 2 of Phoenix Wright 3.

Happened approx. at the same moment (psy lock on the ace detective), but wasn't able to reproduce more...

In Phoenix Wright trials and tribulations, it's possible to click on the back button (when in court record menu) when pushing below it, in the non-emulator area.
It seems that you can activate the (edge of the?) touchscreen when tapping outside of the screen area, in all directions, in some games. Trauma Center, for example, when in between surgeries and people are just talking, you can tap the top screen to progress, or even outside of the screens anywhere in the black. During surgeries, (in vertical mode) you can tap anywhere to the right of the touchscreen and it will register as a touch on the edge, but touching the left side does nothing.

edit: In horizontal mode, you can tap anywhere underneath the touchscreen and it will register, but not on top or the side. And in single screen mode, when on the touchscreen, you can tap to the right in the black and it registers as on the side, but nothing happens if you tap the left side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slack and Zaxxon, had one more crash yesterday a bit later in the game. I always overclock ;D. It's a stable and tested clock.

Anyway it's strange that the first episode was rock-solid, but not the second.

Put it in now so I wouldn't forget.
thanks, I'm constantly hitting the wrong buttons first, :)

Is there anyone else playing Prof. Layton and the Pandoras Box on his/her Pandora ?

I having some really tiny graphical glitches in the Dialog scenes, like a small, black bar that appears sometimes in a face. I'm wondering wether this is also happening on a real DS (I'm just too lazy to try it out on my real DS, and too happy I can ban him to the drawer "forever") or not.

Put it in now so I wouldn't forget.
thanks, I'm constantly hitting the wrong buttons first, :)

Is there anyone else playing Prof. Layton and the Pandoras Box on his/her Pandora ?

I having some really tiny graphical glitches in the Dialog scenes, like a small, black bar that appears sometimes in a face. I'm wondering wether this is also happening on a real DS (I'm just too lazy to try it out on my real DS, and too happy I can ban him to the drawer "forever") or not.
i'm playing porf pandora and the spectre's call...the game in itself runs fine with no stuttering whatsoever but there's one big problem..YOU CAN'T SOLVE PUZZLES.just at the first puzzle,after you enter the solution,the game will loop and ask to enter the solution again and again

Slack and Zaxxon, had one more crash yesterday a bit later in the game. I always overclock ;D. It's a stable and tested clock.

Anyway it's strange that the first episode was rock-solid, but not the second.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I've been having occasional crashes at "stable overclocks" and not at lower clocks, and I suppose it might be possible that it's because the emulator currently uses the VFP? Maybe when it becomes NEON-based later we'll be able to clock higher more stably. Total conjecture, but it seems possible.

Just a note.. the emulator doesn't support ROMs with encrypted secure areas (but will in the next version). These games will most likely crash or at least not boot. You can check the ROM database here against the md5sum of the ROM (unzipped of course) to see if you have an encrypted or decrypted one (or something not matching the official release altogether..). If you have an encrypted ROM you can decrypt it using a utility like this one.

How come all developers are not as responsive and as friendly as this guy Exophase?  I guess not all developers were created equal  :D    You're my man now Exophase.  Can you work on Dreamcast Emulator for the Panda  :D

@thatgui
I am also playing prof Leyton and Pandoras box.
Not noticed any glitches, but not far into game yet.

Are u using single screen or two screen side by side?

Running on classic Pandora clocked at 800mhz. Zaxxon 1.53

Really impressed with this emulator - thanks Exophase

Grezm

spent a lot of time playing around with this and have to say i'am blown away great dam job exophase. tryed about 35 games and only had a few that wouldn't boot, mega man zero runs 100% and rest were very playable. can't wait to see this all done up . thanks again great work

I have an issue with the roms I dumped myself.

E.g. "More Brain Training" shows an Error "Unable to write save data".

And other Roms show similar messages.

Whe I try them with DeSmuME they work.

Is there something I have to do to the roms?

(I dumped them using a NeoFlash SMS4)

I have some requests, if anyone's interested.. this is regarding the compatibility list. First, I want to say that it has been helpful so far. On that note I'll try to push my luck and get you guys to make it even more helpful. This is some of what I'd like:

1) Please, don't paste redundant entries (check carefully if it's there already)

2) ROM sizes should be of the ROM in the zip file, not the zip itself, and it should be in mebibytes (base 2) so you get nice stuff like 64MB, 128MB, etc

3) If you're posting something that supersedes the a posting from an older version you should delete the existing one(s) unless there's a regression (something is broken or there's a major performance decrease). It's not useful for the list to end up cluttered with redundant entries.

4) A field that lets you put some contact with the tester (forum name here is fine) would be very helpful since it'd give me some chance to get in touch with the tester for more information.

5) If your entry contradicts another one (ie, all the data is the same except the working status) keep the one that's more negative. Chances are that if you found a problem someone else didn't that they didn't play enough or you hit something by chance. If in doubt keep both entries, though.

6) I have no idea on this one, but is it possible to sort by status? I'm really most interested in the red and orange games right now.

And probably most importantly.. there are a lot of games that are listed as not working on the previous version but most of them haven't been retested for the current one. If anyone could work on retesting them that'd be very helpful, since it gives me an idea of what to look into fixing right now. I try to get Neelix on it, but since anyone can do this while mainly only he is at my disposal for intermediate testing it'd be better not to tie him up doing all of this.

Really if I could get one or two attentive people to continually edit the list that'd be helpful.

I have an issue with the roms I dumped myself.

E.g. "More Brain Training" shows an Error "Unable to write save data".

And other Roms show similar messages.

Whe I try them with DeSmuME they work.

Is there something I have to do to the roms?

(I dumped them using a NeoFlash SMS4)
I'm going to be adding some more stuff that I hope will improve hits against the game database (that tells the emulator what save type to use)

Tested on CC Pandora @ 800MHz

Metroid Prime Pinball seems to play perfectly, without any glitches or speed loss :)

Fire Emblem:Shadow Dragon - the Wiki description isn't quite correct. All animated sprites, when active and in movement phase scroll left to right (this includes the guide arrows and enemies if next to active player). There are some odd graphical glitches in the intros, which break the background screen into 3 copies. However, none of it prevents the game running at full speed and it is still playable.

^

I described the sprite movement and messed up intro in Fire Emblem. It's in the description.

@ Exophase:

I'll delete the wiki entries if I retest games which are already tested.

Hopefully I'll find them as there are so many entries.

Also I'll leave my name in the description section.

If you have any question you don't know who to ask simply ask here who tested the game. Most of the testers read this topic I think.

Back