Drmd Gp2x Version

procyon said:
Does anyone know another way to get in touch with Reesy and ask if he can update this great emu for use with the F-200, besides the email associated with his Paypal account?
You could PM him via the site.

Here.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Picodrive works on the F200, use that instead, its much better for MD emulation. I'm not sure if AlexKidd (SMS emulator ) works on the F200 but I'm sure it will do, AlexKidd also offers better SMS/GG emulation.

DrMD has now been surpassed by other emulators so I can't be bothered to update it any more ( defeatist attitude I know but hey ). The source code for the emulator is however now available so hopefully some young whipper snapper with too much free time on their hands will update it for anyone too stuck in their ways to try a new emulator.

Later
Reesy

Uh-oh... is there any way to convert a DrMD save file into a PicoDrive save file then? Cuz they're not compatible, and I'd like to finish Phantasy Star II on the F-200 :(

No dice. I tried everything I could think of, from splicing the entire portion of the DrMD srm file to the top of the Pico srm file, but naturally, it didn't work. I took a look at the DrMD source code, but having never developed anything for the platform, I don't understand the sound initialization code well enough to know how to prevent the bad sound frequencies from happening, let alone which sound frequencies are the bad ones. Oh well, guess I either have to start over to keep my F-100 around. And I was all the way up to the last Dam in Phantasy Star II :(

sorry, i just realized...i'm not even sure drmdx supported regular in-game saves? i want to say that it used save states to hold the game's battery-backed saves. and i think it compresses them.

course reesy might correct me on this though.

Yatta! I did it! It took a little work (naturally), but I got the DrMD save to work on PicoDrive. I dunno how helpful the next few steps will be to anyone else, but here's what I did.

1) I took the DrMD srm file, and renamed it save.zip
2) I unziped save.zip and it produced a file DRMDSAVE
3) There seems to be a little endian/big endian difference between DrMD and Picodrive, but very fortunately, the high bit was 00 in every case, so all I had to do was offset the DRMDSAVE by 8 bits in a hex editor (I added a 00 to the beginning and took a 00 off the end)
4) Rename DRMDSAVE to "game name".srm and put in the PicoDrive folder and voila! It works.

Hope this helped anyone else.

awesome work. you should put that on the picodrive wiki page.

don't know how many will use it though, since reesy gave pd his blessing a while ago, and everyone dealt with this then, cause they wanted to underclock their gp2x. then megacd...

Back