Release DuckStation

Well, the steering in the F1 Game also have a Analog Option, I steered analog and gave trottle whit the right nub, if I remember correctly..
although I’m not that good In these Games..

Using the Long way instead of the Game List was just because it’s faster than to look in the List and then have to make the other method anyway..
i also don’t have the sound that hight that the gamesound is heareble, so I think I will make another video tomorrow or so

I could hear the sound in the games myself on your video, although the high pitched menu fillips were more audible than the lower engine note for example. And rumble masked out everything more of less.

I confirm when only the .bin file the game is not listed.

Also very strange behavior. I try to boot the first wipeout, the game gets stuck in the title screen but you can go back to the emulator menu. Now all the controls are unmapped and some things like L3 R3 or L1 cannot be mapped again. No key press detected.

Deleted the emulator folder and replicated the problem. Can I provide more information about this bug?

Made some tests with Gran Turismo 2 and there are a lot of sound hiccups with default configuration I can't know if this a performance limitation in Pyra.

Looking at matzesu's video, most of his games seemed to have bin and cue but there were some that weren't listed in the game listing.
The CUE contains a reference to the BIN, maybe they are pointing at a different path ?

Maybe they work too good, maybe now it’s just a matter of adjustment..
also a reason because I got the 4G Pyra, even if I will rather use my Phone as Mobile Hotspot than put off the Panzer Case, pull out the sim and put it in the Pyra..

It’s a bit sad, although I thank you for your Port of the Pcsxrearmed that early, [mention]Wally [/mention] , even whiteout the Dual Nub Support, and whiteout OpenGL, it was at least good to show what the Pyra allready can do whit just 2 *1,3 ghz .. and to have fun whit PlayStation on my shiny new Pyra
I wonder : I saw a Memory Card Manager on a Video about Duckstation, is it also implemented in the Pyra Port ? This way I could at least immigrate my Savegames from PCSXREARMED..

I just found a solution for the Start File Option: just like on any other system you can don’t need to copy your PSX Folder to the directory of Duckstation, you only need a Link and it works
Although I don’t know the English therm for “Verknüpfung “
Saves some clicks

I wonder if I could rename the Link : „Verknüpfung mit Sony PlayStation X „ is maybe a bit Long ..
When I use one Memory Card for all Games, how would this work? On PlayStation I had about 4mb or something per Memory Card, or is the virtual Memory Card of Duckstation bigger so it’s fits all Savegames?

Your current install of duckstation is configured to have a different memory card for each game. I'm not sure if it saves these in discrete files or somehow concatenates them into one.

How do we know which options work with the software render?

I expected at least internal resolution to work bu it does not have any effect.

Could be that some options are just deactivated, because of Performance, , if the Emulator dosnt run because someone activated „4K ULTRA HD (ätsch die) „ Textur Overlay, it where maybe bad PR for the Dev even if it was the fault of the user…

The only Graphics Option I touched in one of Ptitsebs Emulators was the Display Turn in the GBA.Emu for the Flappybird GBA Homebrew Game (I will also show )

Maybe. Some option clearly state that won't work with software render but double resolution worked in pcsx in Pandora. That's why I hoped this to be also available.

Tested a few more games and I'm not finding any problem. So far only wipeout and wipeout 2049 didn't work.

Test passed, awesome!

Attachments

• 16423335715846150065432795752873.jpg
    16423335715846150065432795752873.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • 16423351384178090578163410139327.jpg
    16423351384178090578163410139327.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 135
Hi all :)

I just had a quick go at CMR2, here are my first impressions of this emulator based on this game alone:

- sound crackled a lot
- according to the FPS counter, performance was quite poor (20 / 40)
- saving didn't seem to be working
- I couldn't feel any rumble

EDIT: saving and rumble are working now.

Was it to be expected ? Should I try with a more recent BIOS version (I believe I'm on SCPH-1001) ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Back