Release Dune Dynasty - Classic Dune 2. Modern Controls.

New build on the repo. I just recompiled with the latest source for git. It's version 1.5.5 now (not sure on what's new, I've seen bugfixes mainly).

Build 06

-----------

• In sync with 1.5.5 version

Dune 2000 was my one of my favourite games growing. Playing this is close enough that it brings back memories..

I have installed the newest PND and the PND downloaded the game files for me. But now i get only a black screen for a second and after that the game closes. Is there any way to see a log of the game to figure out what's wrong?

I have installed the newest PND and the PND downloaded the game files for me. But now i get only a black screen for a second and after that the game closes. Is there any way to see a log of the game to figure out what's wrong?

the log is in /tmp/pndrun_dunedynasty.out

Thank you :) i just wondered where the log files are and it is so simple ;)  seems that i have some trouble with midi ("No valid MIDI output ports"). Now i can try to fix this :)

Thank you :) i just wondered where the log files are and it is so simple ;)  seems that i have some trouble with midi ("No valid MIDI output ports"). Now i can try to fix this :)
You should probably take a look at dunedynasty.cfg and try just default Adlib for a start. Other mode are quite CPU intensive...

You should probably take a look at dunedynasty.cfg and try just default Adlib for a start. Other mode are quite CPU intensive...
I have adlib set to default in the config and still no luck: "default=dune2_adlib"

But there is an other error: "Unable to open file 'REGIONH.INI'."

Maybe because of the "fixed" scenario files the PND downloaded? I will copy the original files and try it out.

EDIT: The original file fixed it. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
New build on the repo. I refreshed everything (sources and libs), used Allegro 5.2, and fixed the hardware cursor that was still visible even when disabled.

Build 08
-----------

• Latest sources, fresh build
  • Updates libs (allegro 5.2)
  • Mouse cursor should be fine now (don't use hardware cursor)

This doesn't run for me, installed from scratch on a Rebirth.

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/MEGASD/pandora/menu/dunedynasty_ptitseb.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/MEGASD/pandora/appdata/dunedynasty
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/dunedynasty"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/MEGASD/pandora/appdata/dunedynasty=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/dunedynasty=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/dunedynasty"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/dunedynasty/bin:/mnt/utmp/dunedynasty/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/dunedynasty/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
Unable to open file 'REGIONH.INI'.
Dune data directory: .
Personal data directory: /mnt/utmp/dunedynasty/dunedynasty/
pandora_create_display(800, 480)
EGL ERROR: Unable to read ini settings from file 'eglport.cfg'. Using defaults
EGLport: Opening EGL display
EGLport: Using EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY
EGLport: Initializing
EGL Implementation Version: Major 1 Minor 4
EGL_VENDOR: Imagination Technologies
EGL_VERSION: 1.4 build 1.4.14.2616
EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_vg_parent_image EGL_IMG_context_priority
EGLport: Found 2 available configs
EGLport: Using Config 0
EGLport: Binding API
EGLport: Creating Context
EGLport: Creating window surface
EGLport: Making Current
EGLport: Setting swap interval
EGLport: Complete
GL_VENDOR: Imagination Technologies
GL_RENDERER: PowerVR SGX 530
GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
GL_EXT: GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_texture
_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_s
tencil8 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_texture_stre
am GL_IMG_vertex_program
Attaching glExtension...
Done with extensions
_al_run_destructors(_al_dtor_list);
EGLport: Closed
_al_run_exit_funcs();
_al_shutdown_destructors(_al_dtor_list);
_al_shutdown_logging();
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/dunedynasty': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 3

I'm not sure if it's something related to the graphic setting, but I see this in the config file:

Code:
[graphics]
driver=opengl

EDIT: I found an old PND from 2013 in an SD, and it works without issues... maybe something was added in the mean time ?

EDIT: Seems like the issue happens if the updated scenario.pak is installed, as it was found before also from another user

Last edited:
Y U NO FIX THE FIXED SCENARIO ?! :-||

I had a read to their forum and no one seems to have issues with that pack... maybe the link in the downloader script should be updated ?!

I'll do some research, and report what I found.

Whatever it is doesn't seem to be logging an error. You might still get a hint by the way the ELGport apparently sets itself up and then closes down without logging anything; that should at least narrow down the problem. Stick a breakpoint at the logging of 'Attaching glextension...' and step through what happens between that and the logging of 'Done with extensions', unless I'm misreading the log and those particular lines are meant to be adjacent in a successful run.

@PowerGod Maybe since you've already got an older working version, you can get the log out of that, and see if those lines are normally adjacent or not, and what the overall differences in a log where you just start the game and immediately quit are.

Back