ETA - the When? thread.

Grench

Forum Addict!
I thought that the 1Ghz units project could use a status update thread for consolidated information around how the project is going.

I was able to glean from other posts that the 150 1Ghz CPUs have been ordered and that populating the boards is somewhere in queue. This information may be wrong though.

Those of us who have paid in so far amount to what is, essentially, another prepaid pre-order queue.

So, what is our ETA?

If nobody wants to say a date, is OpenPandora roughly days or weeks or 2 months out from shipping the 1Ghz units?

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure it's 2 months, since the lead time on the new PCBs for this run was 4~6 weeks.

End of July, I'm sure if it's possible to bring it forward we will due to the large demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an original preorder from Craig in March 2009. If I upgrade to the 1GHz test run, could I expect to receive my unit sooner?

All 150 Units are gone? That would really suck. I ordered my upgrade from ED almost a month ago (30.5.2012) and haven't heard from him since. According to the "how many 1 ghz preorders are left? and who has one coming !" thread I am not the only one. Does that mean that none of EDs costumers are getting 1Ghz units?

All 150 Units are gone? That would really suck. I ordered my upgrade from ED almost a month ago (30.5.2012) and haven't heard from him since. According to the "how many 1 ghz preorders are left? and who has one coming !" thread I am not the only one. Does that mean that none of EDs costumers are getting 1Ghz units?

Theres still about 30ish left, from what i gathered from the forum.

I have an original preorder from Craig in March 2009. If I upgrade to the 1GHz test run, could I expect to receive my unit sooner?

a bit sooner yeah, with the original order you would have to wait till october/november, upgrading will make you receive it somewhere in august.

Yes, you should get it next month/start of Aug.

I do hope thats a fair ETA, it should be obvious that the first 50 ~ 100 get theirs in August.

But are you 100 % certain that all 150 will get theirs in August? , if not i would add a little margin, just to be sure.

Like for example, end of august for everybody that orders now, beginning august for everybody that ordered before/around June 10.

Ed is currently doing everything he can to get these made SOONER than expected, but we don't want to promise anything.

The PCBs arrive next week and the population will then begin, 105 are being done right away, with another 80 once those 105

are checked for faults.

Ed is currently doing everything he can to get these made SOONER than expected, but we don't want to promise anything.

The PCBs arrive next week and the population will then begin, 105 are being done right away, with another 80 once those 105

are checked for faults.

Sounds promosing, tnx for the info.

However, if somehow the boards do not arrive next week, or any problem occurs that causes some delay, i would post it right away, youl notice a lot of people will have sympathy for the delay, and it should prevent more posts from users who are frustrated.

We will, however another factor you need to appreciate is that the forum can almost be a full time job, keeping on top of things and stopping the wrong information getting out is quite a task.

Some days I'll get very little done as I've been on the forum for half of it. Eg. I now have to go and build 600 iCPs. I'll be worrying about what is going on in that production thread as it (potentially) goes off the rails while I'm not keeping an eye on it.

Sometimes we have to choose one job or another, we don't intentionally ignore threads or posts, sometimes the posts people think we are ignoring are buried so deep we don't see them until someone PMs.

We will, however another factor you need to appreciate is that the forum can almost be a full time job, keeping on top of things and stopping the wrong information getting out is quite a task.

Some days I'll get very little done as I've been on the forum for half of it. Eg. I now have to go and build 600 iCPs. I'll be worrying about what is going on in that production thread as it (potentially) goes off the rails while I'm not keeping an eye on it.

Sometimes we have to choose one job or another, we don't intentionally ignore threads or posts, sometimes the posts people think we are ignoring are buried so deep we don't see them until someone PMs.

Howabout you just play the information on to one person you can trust, and let him/them manage most of the rambling on the forums.

Or perhaps just keep the mods of this forum up to date with the latest info on progression/delays/surprises, and let them handle the production thread.

Then all you have to do is check up a bit here and there.

When the 1ghz units are out, i would ask from the same people to gather test reports from the 150 testers, so all you have to do is go trough the test raports, instead of a 1000 forum posts.

How are we looking for the next batch to be sent out? I'm over 100 in the queue, do I have a hope of receiving the device in August?

Thanks!

Back