1Ghz units, more available, little update.

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
The new website will be live this week, and the 1Ghz units will have a press release, and can be ordered from the site.

This is just an advance notice if you want one before that happens, email openpandorasales@gmail.com to beat the queue.

You can upgrade your preorder or just place a new order for one. (if you ordered from Ed, email order@openpandora.org)

If you already have a 1Ghz order your unit will be shipping most likely on Friday this week, or Monday depending on UPS.

For those of you who were asking, the 1Ghz units have so far paid for 135 original orders to be either shipped or refunded.

There's been some hinting / rumormilling that these will replace the normal ones - if that's true will they ( the 1ghz ) stay the same price as they are now or will they go down in price

Will the forums be updated or joined to the new site?either way looking forward to the new site.

Not answering your messages Craig? I have messaged on three occasions now if you would swap both my 512MB Pandoras for a 1GHZ with case....

Also asking when I would likely receive it after you receiving mine...

There's been some hinting / rumormilling that these will replace the normal ones - if that's true will they ( the 1ghz ) stay the same price as they are now or will they go down in price

I believe Ed still wants to see if there is demand for the 600mhz unit, but I'll just be offering the 1Ghz.

We have enough 600mhz SoCs to cover most of the preorders, with a % of people cancelling it will even out to work.

I believe Ed still wants to see if there is demand for the 600mhz unit, but I'll just be offering the 1Ghz.

We have enough 600mhz SoCs to cover most of the preorders, with a % of people cancelling it will even out to work.
Ok great thanks for the answer

^^^^^^^Sounds good. I should have the amiga vid up tonight.may do another miggy vid at some point also.but a review video first.the shoulder buttons are much better on the 1ghz units that kind of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig I have an RMA with you outstanding (you didn't have any stock at the time; this was before the GC Pandora's came about) but I'd like to consider a 1ghz machine, what will that cost me to RMA and upgrade? Or are you only after new orders and premium upgrades?

I understand you may not want to answer the question of the unit price, but if the 1Ghz units completely replace the 600 Mhz ones in the near future, will the price remain at 700 dollars ? Or can we expect them to be somewhere close to the current 600 Mhz price?

I'd like to know that too. And also if in that case, if it would be possible to pay a smaller upgrade (from my batch 1 order) to get a 1 Ghz unit later.

I don't feel like paying $350 for the upgrade, but I could be interested if it was closer to 150$ (and would accept right away for $100)

...but I could be interested if it was closer to 150$ (and would accept right away for $100)

Same here. I believe you'd see many more upgrades and new orders if the Pandora 1Ghz price was revised down a little.

The current Pandora 512 Mb is at 370 euros, I don't know what price you plan to target in the future for the 1Ghz version, but anything above 499 dollars would be probably too much for most people - Unless you want to make it a UBER-niche market where only 200/300 people will get that model :)

The price will stay at $699.

We can't make it any cheaper, the costs involved are just too high right now. (120 units broken during the 1Ghz test run for example - that's tens of thousands of dollars).

Plus if we want to do a Pandora2 we have to start saving up a huge cash reserve.

Try to consider that while $699 is expensive you should not have to then pay any more money after that, everything will be free.

We're using that extra money to try to improve all aspects of the customer experience and support.

Plus there is this community of course, which is as unique as the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back