F1 Race Stars

GiraffeeDreams

Always Dreaming
This has the potential to play in an interesting fashion, but that art-style is pretty unpleasant - super-deforming people from reality and putting them into this environment just doesn't work. Accordingly, it just smacks of "We're trying to clone Mario Kart, for people who are too immature to admit to playing or wanting to play Mario Kart.".

EDIT: You know, the racers remind me very strongly of Evil Robot Bill and Evil Robot Ted, from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get the distinct feeling of yet another Mario kart clone, but this does look different, deformed rollercoaster style tracks seem more akin to trackmania, if like the look though, it's how I imagine them all with bobble heads, and maybe when you finish the game ou unlock normal head mode?

Nah, bit skint after moving all my stuff 6000 miles around the world, I start my new job soon anyway so it wont be too long, wife wants a new macbook pro too though... :(

I haven't played anything remotely Mario Kart like since the N64. The last 'cute' racer I played was Joe Danger, and that lasted about an hour. I definitely don't like what they've done with the character models; they're fine as little cartoons, but for the most part they bear no resemblance at all to the drivers. I wouldn't have been able to identify four out of these six if it weren't for their race suits. And where's Webber you jerks? He's only running second in the championship, is he not chiseled enough? Even Caterham has made a public showing. Petrov, now there's a driver with star power.

Codemasters are seriously milking the F1 licence right now. I can't say I've enjoyed any of their work.

I'll definitely get this.

This may actually interest me.It could be alot of fun considering how brilliant codemasters are at doing car games.If the crazy trackmania style circuits can be pulled off then it should work.Would be nice if its on the vita too.

Ditto, although as it happens I just got the beta key for LittleBigPlanet Kart so I'm going to give that a spin until this :)

Race driver Grid was a very good racing game too.I completed about 70 per cent of it.some car games are so long.I have tried all the dirt games and they are are all consistently excellent.The new destruction derby style dirt game looks like fun.I like smashing stuff up!!

Back