Face-off: Pandora Vs. Wiz Release Date, Round 4!

Which console will be officially released to the public first?

• Pandora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiz

• Gizmondo 2.0 (yeah right)

• Duke Nukem Forever

• Phantom

• Flying Cars

• None of the above. The world will end in December of 2012.

• XBox 720

• PS4

• PSP2

• WiiHD

• Okama Gamesphere

• Mega-Maid

• The end of Battlestar Galactica sucked nuts!

• PoisonedVs Fists of Fury

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogboy

Wake me when it's over.
Website
Visit site
Its been a back and forth battle so far. I think Wiz has a good shot at this one. If you werent keeping track...

Round 1: Pandora 51, Wiz 36
Round 2: Wiz 34, Pandora 30
Round 3: Pandora 30, Wiz 22, Duke Nukem Forever 6
Round 4: ???

This thing might go a full 12 rounds. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You 'think' the Wiz might have a clear shot?
Of course it's got a clear shot, it's expected release date (actually solid and confirmed) is months nearer than the Pandora's guessed one.

'pandora' said:
it's expected release date (actually solid and confirmed) is months nearer than the Pandora's guessed one.
Pandora release date: 2 months from $now
Wiz release date: 1 months from $now

I see what you mean.

Well, I didn't want "now" to be statically replaced with "April 20th, 2009", so the dollar sign makes sure it gets re-evaluated each time.

Since the Pandora is always about two months away.

earlier i was leaning towards wiz, but (perhaps misguidedly) i think pandora now

edit: hey wait a minute what the fuck

edit 2: also $ generally precedes variables (mostly globals as far as i know) although i see lulzfish already covered that
also death threats are probably over the line even for a shitty failtroll

quasist said:
IMHO due to the upcomming premature death of few pandora developers pandora release will be delayed again. Korean Army will enslave your children and wifes :D

Korean police is trying to stop people coming for WIZ. Wiz is an idea that will rule the entire planet.
You're a creepy bastard, you know that Quasist?

I think Quasist has just earned himself one of those rarely talked about perma-bans.

Death threats are not acceptable are are quite illegal even though you think you are protected by the anonymity of the internet. People have been prosecuted and received sentences for doing exactly this. Don't push your luck.

That's sad, I liked a lot of Quasists posts, shame he went over the top a little there.

I would vote for Commander Keen: The Universe is Toast.

But it isn't an option.

Where's the "I don't give a shit I just want both to be released soon"?

''''MWeston'''' said:
I think Quasist has just earned himself one of those rarely talked about perma-bans.
He just love to entertain Pandora community. He''''s like cherry on desert. Hearing Quasist insulting and visualise his mouth full of foam was always nice. Damn...
Do we really need to set perma-ban to Quasist? I dont think so...

BTW. He can easily pass that by anonym proxy and register once again on different nick [ "InsultingQuasist" for example :) ]

BTWv2:
Which console will be officially released to the public first? Of course Quasistnator will be first in 2009... He became Dave Mustaine of OpenHandhelds, and he'll be back with something like Megadeth but in open-handheld community.... he needs to create quasistnator

But is he Perma-banned? Because I thought banned members appeared on the "Banned" group, but his profile doesn't say so... Chip said he was removed... confusing...

Edit: Oh I think I know why now. The Banned group doesn't exist anymore... huh, or it was neeveer theere to begiin wiiith... :ph34r:

Bramrash said:
That's sad, I liked a lot of Quasists posts, shame he went over the top a little there.

I would vote for Commander Keen: The Universe is Toast.

But it isn't an option.
Damn you! I just spent the last 10 minutes searching for anything that might be considered a rumor. But there is no such rumor, is there? You were just making a joke, weren't you? But let me tell you, it isn't funny to talk about Commander Keen like that. If there's no plans to revive the franchise 13 years later, don't make posts that suggest there might have been. It's not cool to toy with peoples emotions like that.
Now I'm going to go stand in the corner and cry for a while. Meany. :(

The story goes that he was going to make bring him into 3d with Mario64 style gameplay, however Nintendo beat him to it and then he kind of lost interest a little and it never happened.

"Well, I don't want to talk too much about it, as I may do it someday, but as you know from the end of Keen 6, Mortimer McMire is back, and he has big, bad plans for the end of the Universe as we know it...

If I can ever get the rights back to Keen, or if I can strike a deal with id so I have creative control of him forever, then you'll see Keen again. I don't want to start Keen back up, only to have him taken away again if he's successful. That just wouldn't seem fair.

I would love to do another Keen. My last idea for Keen 7-9 was a game world was 3D, and at certain places the camera rotated with you for different games. It was halfway between Super Mario 64 and Pandemonium. This was two years before those games came out. I wish I'd been in a place where I could've made that happen back then.

I do miss the good ol' days of Keen. I love the universe and the gameplay, and I'd love to make another chapter in the saga. We will see how the future unfolds.."

From here: http://www.3drealms.com/keenhistory/keenhistory2.html

Yes, I was aware of all that already, hence my excitement and then ultimate disappointment when you seemed to be suggesting that it might actually be completed one day. I thought maybe there had been an announcement in the last month or so that I'd not been aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back