Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Well I just flashed 1.55 in case the OS Update missed something, however I'm still getting the same issue of FBA quitting.

Ian J, how many roms do you have? Maybe it is a memory allocation issue.

Only 97, all have been scanned with the updated .DAT file.

I have tried putting just 1 ROM in the folder and it does the same.

As I mentioned earlier when I was having issues with the nubs needing to be reset after running FBA I deleted the appdata\fba-dave18\ folder, before I did though I archived it (minus the ROMS)

I have just archived the new appdata\fba-dave18 folder and depacked the original.

The emulator now scans and saves the list of roms I have.

So it must be something different in the creation of the fba-dave18 folder on the newer version of the emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I copy over gamelist.cpx from the old install the emulator scans the roms and saves the found ones.

Still don't understand why it wouldn't create a new one though.

I didn't update any of my roms.  I have like 600 games and they are all from the previous FBA version.  I haven't gone through all 600 games, but every game I've chosen to play, works.  So you may want to use the old set and see if FBA works.

I managed to fix it by using an older version to make the database and have had it rescanned.

Definitely something weird going on here, if I try to save game settings for a game that has none saved from the previous version of FBA the emulator closes down as it did before without a rom list file.

I'm going to go back to the previous version until someone else reports these issues and they get resolved.

By the way are there any games running faster than before? I went through a few and did not really notice much difference - please let me know if you saw any change. 

By the way are there any games running faster than before? I went through a few and did not really notice much difference - please let me know if you saw any change. 
Yeah.  There's no option to switch on to show FPS.  Can't tell.  I just take the dave-18's words for it.   :D   I like scanlines though.

Yeah.  There's no option to switch on to show FPS.  Can't tell.  I just take the dave-18's words for it.   :D   I like scanlines though.
L+R Shoulder buttons with Y button brings up the FPS.

Well it does on the older version.

L+R Shoulder buttons with Y button brings up the FPS.

Well it does on the older version.
Thanks, did not know about that!

Ian J - Would like to resolve issue but I simply cannot recreate it.
What happens when you have it create a fresh appdata directory and make a new database file?
That's what I have been doing, when I do that it scans through the roms gets to 5xxx then closes and goes back to the desktop.

If I manually copy over the saved roms list from my older version of FBA it scans the roms and saves the updated list.

I have deleted FBA and appdata folder.

Installed FBA from Repo and let it create the appdata folder again.

Complete re-flash of firmware v1.55

Any ROMS from my old installation that I created custom settings for will let me amend and save their custom settings as long as I copy the relevant file over to the new appdata folder.

ROMS that have not had custom settings saved on a previous version cause FBA to quit when I try to save the settings.

Did the pnd_out I posted shed any light?

The only obvious error I could see was:

writing fir:

Default (Slightly blurred)

./capex.sh: line 34: [!: not found

But I have no idea what the above does.

Ian J - Would like to resolve issue but I simply cannot recreate it.
Did you delete the appdata folder and let FBA set it up again?

I don't know what to try next, could it be a permission issue?  the SD card isn't write protected and I can drag roms to the folder created by FBA when it 1st runs fine.

Games also run fine but I can't get FBA to scan and save a list I just have to show all and manually select a game.

I can't even save any custom settings for a game as that makes the emulator quit too.

I tried running the emulator from SD slot 1 on a different memory card and got the following pnd_out:

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/SD1_16GB/pandora/desktop/fba.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/SD1_16GB/pandora/appdata/fba-dave18
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED :
EXENAME : capex.sh
ARGUMENTS :
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/fba-dave18"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD1_16GB/pandora/appdata/fba-dave18=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/fba-dave18=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/fba-dave18"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( capex.sh ) ----------
writing fir:
writing fir:
Simple pixel doubling (no filter)
filter change to none
fba.sh: line 67: [!: not found
./roms/crush.zip
--clock=600
--sense=50
--sound-sdl
--samplerate=44100
--scaling=2
--rotate=0
--force-c68k
--z80core=1
--filter=1

cpu_mhz_max set to 600
current CPU clock is 600000
Loading program essential (crushkrl.6e)... (OK)
Loading program essential (crushkrl.6f)... (OK)
Loading program essential (crushkrl.6h)... (OK)
Loading program essential (crushkrl.6j)... (OK)
Loading graphics (maketrax.5e)... (OK)
Loading graphics (maketrax.5f)... (OK)
Loading graphics (82s123.7f)... (OK)
Loading graphics (2s140.4a)... (OK)
Loading sound (82s126.1m)... (OK)
ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
cpu_mhz_max set to 800
current CPU clock is 800000
writing fir:
Segmentation fault
writing fir:
cpu_mhz_max set to 800
current CPU clock is 800000
open /dev/tty: No such device or address
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( capex.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/fba-dave18': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1

With the above I opened a ROM and tried to change it's default settings, as soon as I pressed save the emulator quit back to desktop.

Back