• Logo Nr. 2

Votes: 119 44.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as you could see in the first poll, there was a draw between two logos.

Now here's the final poll - to find a winner!

pyrafinal.png

Voting will end Wednesday 16th.

I've removed the typefaces as this will ONLY be a voting for the logo.

Keep in mind that the Logo might NOT be final - it could be it will be tweaked a bit. But it will be used as a base logo.

I actually prefered the original number 1 from the previous poll that kind of looked like a soft flame. Between these two, though, I guess I prefer number 2, this current number 1 looks WAY TOO MUCH like "tribal art". We shouldn't be trying to make Pyra look like the ideal of "super trendy" from X number of years ago, we are better than that...Pyra deserves better than that...

I think logo 1 looks like a barred spiral galaxy, or two comets glancing past each other.  The romantic visuals I can picture from logo 1 are exactly what I think the Pyra deserves.

I don't really 'get' #2 - it looks fiddlier*, and (to me at least) doesn't look like anything more than a bunch of lines.

I think the rotational symmetry of #1 is both aesthetically pleasing, and potentially useful

Either way, I was very impressed with how close these were in the previous poll.

*Is that a word? I meant "more fiddly" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
this current number 1 looks WAY TOO MUCH like "tribal art". We shouldn't be trying to make Pyra look like the ideal of "super trendy" from X number of years ago, we are better than that...Pyra deserves better than that...
I don't see how this can be likened to "tribal art". Number 1 isn't "super trendy", it just looks clean and recognizable. Plus, for anyone who looks deeper, it can mean dragonbox pyra with flame imagery.

EDIT:

@_wb_: Doesn't look like a flame anymore, and loses the beautiful aesthetic that the original has that way.

-God Ginrai

I don't see how this can be likened to "tribal art". Number 1 isn't "super trendy", it just looks clean and recognizable. Plus, for anyone who looks deeper, it can mean dragonbox pyra with flame imagery.
Sorry, when I look at it "tribal art" is how it comes across to me as. Yeah, I know, I get the logo being a D & P and in that way it has a bit of meaning, but if that is what we are going for the D & P can be styled in so many other ways..that don't call to mind "tribal art", _wb_'s example in post #12 is one many great alternatives (more style, more class).

After reflection, I maintained my vote for the n°2. Even if n°1 is more timeless it is more banal: as we saw it looks like several logo once flipped and it looks like tribal tattoo. Also I don't want the ugly lowercase d to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back